Author Topic: Striker 4 Portable INCLUDING ice Transducer??  (Read 3292 times)

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
Striker 4 Portable INCLUDING ice Transducer??
« on: Dec 31, 2019, 03:56 PM »
I have been looking at these Garmin Striker 4 Portables with carrying case but have not seen a complete unit that includes an actual ice transducer.All the ones I see is the suctioncup mount like you stick on the transom of a boat.Does anyone sell this unit complete ready to ice fish? Don't need this suctioncup transducer so why does Garmin want you to spend another $100 for the ice transducer.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Striker 4 Portable INCLUDING ice Transducer??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2019, 04:02 PM »
They have one, just have to look up Garmin striker 4 ice fishing kit, it has the ice ducer, but we're doing ok with the regular ducer, just took the suction cup deal off and it hangs fine in the hope, when I bought mine I couldn't afford the extra for the ice kit.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2019, 04:03 PM »
that is just how they come and it works well ice fishnig too. just put the cord behind the bolt and use the float. you can use the boat ducer bothways but would be hard to use the ice one on a boat.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Thanks Guys but I already have dedicated Garmin open water units on my boat.Just think that they could package this unit just for ice fishing without clipping you a $100 extra for a transducer many would just cast aside unless they wanted it for open water use.

Offline GP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Thanks Guys but I already have dedicated Garmin open water units on my boat.Just think that they could package this unit just for ice fishing without clipping you a $100 extra for a transducer many would just cast aside unless they wanted it for open water use.

Agree 100%. This is why I won’t buy this unit in the ice package. I would only use it for ice fishing and last I checked the ice ducer is $140 extra. I am sure the transducer that comes with it would work but seen videos where people have to customize it to get to read probably.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2020, 09:42 AM »
Mine came with a boat style transducer and a contraption that lets the boat ducer hang from the cord in the right manner... Its bulky but works. I don't remember what model it is other than it was called a striker 4 ice bundle, it has chirp and gps. Think it was around $175 complete.. great bang for buck, its my back up/let a buddy use it unit...

This is the rig they give you to use the boat ducer..

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2020, 07:07 AM »
A friend just got this same setup, inexpensive and small enough to carry around on a snowmobile, or 4-wheeler to a boat cache in the summer. 

Mine came with a boat style transducer and a contraption that lets the boat ducer hang from the cord in the right manner... Its bulky but works. I don't remember what model it is other than it was called a striker 4 ice bundle, it has chirp and gps. Think it was around $175 complete.. great bang for buck, its my back up/let a buddy use it unit...

This is the rig they give you to use the boat ducer..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.