The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster 8" Lite-Flite  (Read 1472 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Strikemaster 8" Lite-Flite
« on: Jan 03, 2021, 09:13 PM »
Used my 8" lite-flite for the first time today. This thing rips through ice. Also, when breaking through the bottom of the hole, it goes through clean. My old HT auger would leave a jagged edge on the bottom. I was worried about breaking flites if this would have been the same condition while using the Lite-Flite. I have it connected to my ice gator with new Amped Outdoors LifePo4 batteries. Must have drilled 40 homes today with no slowing down.
jbird68

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Strikemaster 8" Lite-Flite
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2023, 03:50 PM »
I see Strikemasrer has come out with a new blade cover for the Lite-Flite augers. Has anyone tried one out yet? I'm still using a guard with the rubber strap that breaks every few years or so. This new guard has magnets and latches to keep it on the auger blades.
jbird68

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2023, 04:45 PM »
I see Strikemasrer has come out with a new blade cover for the Lite-Flite augers. Has anyone tried one out yet? I'm still using a guard with the rubber strap that breaks every few years or so. This new guard has magnets and latches to keep it on the auger blades.

I have one works quite well

I believe Scheels has free shipping today .

https://www.scheels.com/p/strikemaster-lite-flite-lazer-magnetic-snap-cover/22677-MSCLF-10.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2023, 11:13 AM »

I also have the new cover. works very nice! easy on and off and it stays on! Highly recommend it.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2023, 11:18 AM »

Cold Snap sells a blade cover you pop off with your foot. Your hands don’t come near the blades.

Offline Sam Gee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2023, 12:04 PM »
I got one for an early Birthday/Christmas gift and can't wait to use it.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2023, 03:01 PM »
Get the strikemaster magnet cover.  I have a Cold Snap cover that I'll give away if you wanna pay for shipping...tells you what I think of them. 

Offline slamber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2023, 03:16 PM »
Get the strikemaster magnet cover.  I have a Cold Snap cover that I'll give away if you wanna pay for shipping...tells you what I think of them.

Same here. The cold snap is better than the cover the auger came with, but after using it for the last two seasons I'll be trying the new strikemaster cover. Looks like the new one is cheaper than the cold snap cover also.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2023, 04:58 PM »
Don’t even know how many holes I have on my first run LF. Probably 2,000+. Still cuts like new. I have both the cold snap and new SM click cover. Still giving the new SM click in cover some time, but feel that I like the cold snap better.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2023, 11:45 PM »
I've never tried the magnetic cover, but I fail to see how anyone could hate the coldsnap cover. It has been one of the few gadgets that I can honestly call a game changer for me.
-Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.