Author Topic: Ice Fishing Hangover  (Read 2285 times)

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice Fishing Hangover
« Reply #30 on: Feb 24, 2018, 03:58 AM »
Good point.  Maybe I will try drinking more water when I am out there.  Cannot hurt to try though I will miss my hot beverages!

I also do use the 12 hour Sudafed.  I wonder if that contributes to the dehydration too though.
Take your hot beverages and enjoy them too, supplement them with plain water.  I usually have a thermos of coffee, juice, or tea/honey and two bottles of water along.  Keep in mind with every breath you take, you're inhaling cold dry air and expelling it as warm moisture laden fog.  Takes a toll over the course of a day.  Gatorade and such have too much sugar, basically it's water, sugar, and salt.  If it weren't heavily marketed as a "sports drink" most people would gag trying to drink it.  There's no prize for going all day without taking a leak. Also serves to get you up on your feet and moving around for a few minutes.

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 24, 2018, 06:19 AM »
The only problem I have is my arms and shoulders being sore from pulling all those big fish through the ice.   ;D

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 24, 2018, 11:10 AM »
Also serves to get you up on your feet and moving around for a few minutes.
That usually not an issue!  I usually fish with 6 tip-downs and one jigging line, so am usually hopping all over the place!
Many days I come home with sore knees from all the up and down (being 6'5", it is usually easier for me to kneel on the ice than to bend over).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.