Author Topic: fishing license  (Read 2082 times)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
fishing license
« on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:05 AM »
Just got off the computer and created an access Indiana account to buy my fishing license. (Something new this year). I noticed I could get 1 year for 3 dollars or buy the senior lifetime fish for life license for 17 dollars. Hope I am around for at least another 7 years to compensate for the additional investment. Well, either way it is all good. Anyway, I AM GETTING OLD. LOL

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: fishing license
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:38 AM »
Al,
It's all a state of mind!! ;D ;D Although turning 82 Dec.24th I seem to have slowed down a bit! Cholesterol Medicine given 20 years ago that destroyed calf muscle tissue in both my legs seems to be getting worse. Thanks Doc!!!  Was able to snow blow my drive and 3 neighbor's all winter but seem to have more pain the next day. Oh, well, it is what it is!
Anyone born before 1943 doesn't need a fishing license.
Keep on keeping on!
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:51 AM »
Teach, I remember speaking to you at W.S. a few years. You are 1 tough cookie. I only hope to be there (82), God willing. Waiting for ice to mely now so I can put the boat in. I never made it on the ice this year. Next year 4 sure.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2021, 01:17 PM »
Al,
Remember talking with you at the Slough! I never got on the ice this year either. Was hoping to fish late ice but doesn't look like I'm going to make it!
Boat sitting in garage ready to go. Looking forward to chasing turkeys too.
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline CoolCat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2021, 12:20 PM »
In 2001 I bought a lifetime comprehensive hunting/fishing license for $725.  Best investment i ever made.  In 4 years it paid for itself.  I do have to buy a federal waterfowl stamp to hunt ducks or geese.  If I moved out of state it's still good if I want to hunt or fish in Indiana because it's grandfathered. 

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:30 PM »
Can't imagine how much money I've saved with my comprehensive lifetime license.  Thanks Dad!

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:52 PM »
Me too... it was my high school graduation gift from my parents about 20 years ago.  Couldnt imagine anything better

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:58 PM »
Lifetime for me.
Only fishing tho.

Offline PoleCat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • IceFsh'nNut
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2021, 05:26 PM »
lifetime comprehensive hunting/fishing license = $675.00
HoosierPoleCat member since 2003

The high price of Freedom is a cost paid by a Brave few... Semper Fi

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2021, 06:45 PM »
Comp. Lifetime  Hunting was $550.00 if I recall correctly. Right after I got mine they quit offering them! Hex

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2021, 07:20 PM »
Bought my Senior for life,two years ago. Bought one every year before I turned 64.
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2021, 08:04 PM »
Comp. Lifetime  Hunting was $550.00 if I recall correctly. Right after I got mine they quit offering them! Hex

they went to 750 or something then over a grand then discontinued them. if i remember rite hex.  i know i sent in before the increase(in december) and didnt get it till august!  they cut their own throats with the large increases. imo
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 26, 2021, 08:22 PM »
they went to 750 or something then over a grand then discontinued them. if i remember rite hex.  i know i sent in before the increase(in december) and didnt get it till august!  they cut their own throats with the large increases. imo
I only got the Comp. Hunting ($550.00) and the Fishing and Hunting Comp. was $750.00 I believe and they did go up and then discontinued them. Hex

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2021, 06:40 AM »
If I remember right when they first came out in the 70's? they were like 375.00. Think that was hunting included. With all the stamps, what a savings.

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 27, 2021, 08:19 AM »
I've got a low number CHF license. It cost $386 back in the early 80s.
Best Valentine my wife ever gave me!  The following Valentine's I gave her
a CF License. It cost $136. And I lived to tell the tale!!

fish in,

rivereddy

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2021, 08:33 AM »
definitely one of the better investments i made too.  payed for itself several years ago with $20+ deer tags alone.

i think polecat got his back in early 80s too.  like 3 numbers on his. lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2021, 09:14 AM »
Bought just Comp Hunting in 2000 as I was soon to turn '65 and wouldn't need fishing license . Think it was like $350.? I remember Michigan offered Lifetime for I think only one year. Had so many purchases it about broke the DNR.
It's worth having one just so you don't have to remember to buy a license each year!!
Teach
Teacher Preacher

Offline 2LMKR2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2021, 11:03 AM »
I've got a low number CHF license. It cost $386 back in the early 80s.
Best Valentine my wife ever gave me!  The following Valentine's I gave her
a CF License. It cost $136. And I lived to tell the tale!!

fish in,

rivereddy

It was 1983 when Indiana started the lifetime license. If you sent in your money and applied by a certain date you would be in a lottery for your number to see who got what number. I thought they would save the really low numbers for special people ….. wasn't the case. I didn't care about getting a low number, but it has sure made it easy to remember my license number! I got the CHF license too and that's what I was thinking too that it was about $385. One of the best investments I have ever made.

Offline buekerbug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 27, 2021, 07:03 PM »
I paid 288.00 in 1988. My friend said it would never pay for itself. I laugh at him now. I saved 10 times that just deer hunting.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.