Author Topic: Vexilar?  (Read 1720 times)

kingkidfisher4431

Vexilar?
« on: Jan 06, 2004, 07:50 AM »
I am new to this board but already am starting to like it...I was and still am a member of fishingminnesota.com and like how both sites are set up. i live in duluth minnesota and recently purchased a vexilar at marine general. they are the best! he threw in a free carrying case and a already charged battery... that is my question though? ive benn out 3 or 4 times with it so far and dont know what i would do without it... but being out that many times my battery still hasnt left the 100% spot should i charge it or ware it down until its lower???also will water left in with vexilar hurt it at all??? thanks for any input!

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:Vexilar?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2004, 08:31 AM »
Take a look at www.vexilar.com

Lots of good info there.

I do not know where the water is but I would take a rag and dry it off.

You will need a charger eventually. I have a charger that lets me do a quick charge or a trickle charge. I put it on until my battery status indicator tells me it is charged. during the summer I periodically put the charger on trickle for a bit.

I would put a charger on between trips.

Offline racepoint

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2004, 12:47 PM »
I agree with HardH2O.  Charge after every fishing trip and in the off season months charge once a month.. will keep the battery healthy.  Hard lines and be safe this season...
As for the water..........  like all fishing equipment ( none comes cheap ) all water and moisture should be removed before putting away till next fishing trip.
Hey Jake!  Flag Up !!  (LMAO)

Offline darossman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Jumping through my icehole!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2004, 06:50 PM »
King
I agree to charge after every use.  I have noticed this in the past.  When I forget to charge my Vexilar battery and go out the next day it might read at 90 - 100% but when it starts going down it comes down fast!  The last thing you want especially after getting addicted to the thing is a dead battery.  Lastly, I have never "killed" my battery even when it was at its lowest reading.  Its like it just keeps...going and going and going!

Offline DaFish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2004, 07:54 PM »
I put my battery on charge after each use.  I also wipe down Vex after each use.  It is also a good idea to spray down your auger with wd40 after each use.  Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.

DaFish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.