Author Topic: Camera Upgrade?  (Read 962 times)

Offline Ctrebby

• IceShanty Rookie
Camera Upgrade?
« on: Feb 15, 2021, 10:10 PM »
This year I picked up a used marcum vs825sd to give the camera thing a go. Thus far I haven’t been impressed, the images seem really dark and it’s hard see far at all (its tough to even pick up a spoon 3 feet away). Even though the images have been underwhelming it’s been a ton of fun for my daughter to watch fish come in and it’s been great for seeing bottom structure. 

I know this is an older camera so my question is, do I have unrealistic expectations for any camera or would an upgrade provide a noticeable difference?

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Camera Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2021, 10:48 PM »
This year I picked up a used marcum vs825sd

Under water camera work best if water is clear if not you won’t see any farther then couple feet, and can’t hole hoping, camera is for finding structures and see how fish react if they are finicky, i got marcum vs825sd, lx9 and livescope but it a pain for run and gun, i mainly use my M5

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2021, 11:28 PM »
3 feet is about the edge of seeing distance anywhere I've fished with a camera. And then your bait looks like a speck on the screen.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Jringo001

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2021, 07:28 AM »
I bought the Marcum Mission this year and so far happy with it. The distance and picture clarity/quality will depend on a factors such as the amount of sunlight, snow cover, water clarity and distance from your bait. I typically set mine up 2-3 feet away and can find my jigs, spoons etc. pretty easily given ideal conditions mentioned above. Fish appear quite well when approaching the bait and can actually see them lingering about.  I can also pick up a 2nd jig etc if the hole is within 3-4 feet away.

It's a game changer for sure and it can get really exciting trying to get Lakers to commit or even watching their reaction.

Have fun and good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.