The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo pyranha break down  (Read 1597 times)

Offline wharty

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo pyranha break down
« on: Jan 26, 2020, 08:51 AM »
So got a hand me down Eskimo pyranha . Runs great. Has Been great. Drilling holes and one hole was fine , next it wasn’t getting power to the shaft. Motor runs but blades aren’t turning with enough power to cut. Any ideas? This is my first power auger so don’t know much?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Eskimo pyranha break down
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2020, 09:07 AM »
Is it bogging down at all?  How long was it sitting around before you got it?  What's the condition of the blades and center point?  It could be that the carb needs a good cleaning.  I don't know what you mean when you say the it's not turning with enough power cut, could you please explain this in more detail? 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2020, 11:28 AM »
Try some SeaFoam

Fill auger tank 1/4 w/proper oil/gas mix to that add Seafoam 2oz or more of SeaFoam ...mix ....run auger till warmed up varying the throttle speed ful to idle  ...then kill motor via the choke this will saturate the engine/fuel system .....let sit half hour repeat ...let sit over night ...should fix some of the woes .But start with the basics first ..good clean and gapped plug ..good clean air filter ..good clean gas tank ..

Should add location to your profile..may be a good shop nearby
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline wharty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2020, 07:33 PM »
So the auger starts up and the motor runs full throttle, it’s not bogging down or anything but the blades don’t turn or they turn verrry slowly when they do.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2020, 08:28 PM »
The clutch dogs in the gearcase may be burned up. 

Offline wharty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:34 PM »
So I got the thing apart and it looks like the clutch drum is worn. Going to try and replace the clutch shoes and drum. Can anyone tell me how to remove and replace the clutch shoes? I don’t know squat and figured I would ask if any body had suggestions beforre I started taking things apart. Thanks all

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2020, 06:41 PM »
this video may shed some light ..little more of a search on YouTube might yield more/better results

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.