The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: HT Enterprises E drill  (Read 14586 times)

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
HT Enterprises E drill
« on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:56 PM »
Does anyone have this new light weight ice auger to use with their cordless hand drill?   There is a short demo on youtube but they do not show it cutting ice.  Looks like it could be a very good product.   Looks like a updated versions of a HT mini Nero.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: HT Enterprises E drill
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2019, 06:57 AM »
Took the blades off ...no markings ..so no stainless steel would be my best guess ..looks to be a Mora style blade as the mounting holes line up ..the Nylon flighting seems different then my K-Drill ..could be thicker a bit and/or different material .. the aux handle can be removed/flipped over via the snap ring ..no bearing ..just bored out  ..has a center point ..a full blade cover(unique for Mora style auger) with rubber cord similar to SM..and will fit onto my Clam Plate Extension …

8" weights about 5Lbs Auger height 32" w/no extension ..auger w/extension with first hole adjustment 35.5" ..last hole 43.5"
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2019, 07:10 AM »
For those of us not in the "know" here is a photo:

Price is $200 on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/c/12025651469
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Here is the video:

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2019, 07:40 AM »
I watched this vidio they did not show a demo of someone cutting a hole in the ice with it.   Would have liked to see a vidio of this drill in action cutting holes with a 18 volt brushless drill.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2019, 09:06 AM »
   Looks like a updated versions of a HT mini Nero.

I can guarantee that it has no relation to the Mini Nero which is steel throughout and of a very different basic design. The video guy says that it has Lazer blades which are well

known and appreciated in the market, at least the old Swedish ones were. I've got $20 that says that it's of Chinese make which is what the vast majority of the HT product line is.

The Nero is Russian and it's that hard blade steel that sets it apart. Price point of $200 for just this nylon flite unit seems pretty steep. I'd like to see it cut head to head versus some

other lightweight models (and the Nero).
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2019, 11:14 AM »
I can guarantee that it has no relation to the Mini Nero which is steel throughout and of a very different basic design. The video guy says that it has Lazer blades which are well

known and appreciated in the market, at least the old Swedish ones were. I've got $20 that says that it's of Chinese make which is what the vast majority of the HT product line is.

The Nero is Russian and it's that hard blade steel that sets it apart. Price point of $200 for just this nylon flite unit seems pretty steep. I'd like to see it cut head to head versus some

I have the E-Drill ..looks like Mora blades ..couple posts up gave my first look at it ..no ice yet in my area but I FB Msg HT and they are going to get a video out soon...better look at the auger on SG...it has a drill mount the one I purchased hand a side handle similar to the HT Nero set up.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/e-drill-nylon-hand-auger-kit?a=2214885&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA-BING&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Bing&utm_campaign=CI&msclkid=290aa582f9051dee89d6f85aefb3cc5f
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2019, 01:00 AM »
How much do you think it weighs?

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2019, 09:21 AM »
The video says they are the Laser blades. Looks like a nice offering!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2019, 10:47 PM »
What company makes the laser blades? 

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2019, 09:28 AM »
What company makes the laser blades?

Stikemaster makes the Lazer.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2019, 10:47 PM »

The one thing that would cause me to move away from my 8in nils is if HT got there stuff together and made an E drill with a center point and Nero blades.

The E drill has been a weird item....haven't seen many if any of them. Some of the pictures/advertisements had the e drill with curved lazer like blades.....then some seem to have the flat mora style blades.....

I still think a Nero converted to a light synthetic auger with a center point would be the bomb.

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2019, 03:16 AM »
The blades on this e drill must be top secret.  Maybe have to wait this year out using my old auger until there is more information out on this top secret new auger.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2019, 05:03 AM »
The one pictured above has Mora style ..as I have one . I believe the E-Drill pro model w/mount for cordless drill has the Lazer style blades.

http://augerkitnew.com/ht_enterprises_e_drill_auger_kit_withadapter_ext_8_inch_edpak_8.htm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2019, 06:24 AM »
2 e drill models.  One with mora and one with laser type blades.  Sportsman guide has a picture of the one they are selling and it has a mounting bracket for you hand drill.  Maybe that is a 3rd model. 

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2019, 06:37 AM »
Good to finally see a vidio of the E Drill cutting threw ice.   Although it was very brief.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2019, 06:17 AM »
 I was able to test my new 8" HT E-Drill with a Milwaukee 2804 w/5ah batteries ..the auger worked just fine..even had an 8" Mora that worked fine for a side by side ..the HTs center point and ring are a big plus ..the weight difference was noticeable but negatable . My fishing buddy liked the HTs side handle while I preferred the drills side handle . I even added my 12ah battery to the mix but to me it didn't feel right.The HT auger will eventually go on my Clam Plate set up .

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2019, 06:39 AM »
I get mine for 5-10 bucks only one ever bought new was a 4 inch mora years ago for 19.99

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #21 on: Dec 09, 2019, 07:15 AM »
I was able to test my new 8" HT E-Drill with a Milwaukee 2804 w/5ah batteries ..the auger worked just fine..even had an 8" Mora that worked fine for a side by side ..the HTs center point and ring are a big plus ..the weight difference was noticeable but negatable . My fishing buddy liked the HTs side handle while I preferred the drills side handle . I even added my 12ah battery to the mix but to me it didn't feel right.The HT auger will eventually go on my Clam Plate set up .
nice.i would of liked to see a vid review.lol jk you are the vid link master on here.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Dec 09, 2019, 07:39 AM »
nice.i would of liked to see a vid review.lol jk you are the vid link master on here.

Not even a picture ..I left my phone in my SUV and my buddies left theirs home ..unintentional on my part ..and there it was atop my dash upon my return . :wacko: Hopefully I described it properly ..just another option for those getting in the cordless drill/auger game .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2019, 11:43 AM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Dec 22, 2019, 08:28 PM »

Offline NHAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 23, 2019, 08:07 PM »
Does anyone know why the handle from the one advertised on Sportsmans Guide looks so different than the one in these videos and on the HT website? I almost ordered one just now and then stopped as I noticed this.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Dec 24, 2019, 01:47 AM »
Does anyone know why the handle from the one advertised on Sportsmans Guide looks so different than the one in these videos and on the HT website? I almost ordered one just now and then stopped as I noticed this.

Two versions one has a drill mount  which acts similar to the Clam Plate in a way..the other is posted above

Offline dearjimschmidt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 24, 2019, 06:08 AM »
strange the HT webpage one shows the one version....
River City Baits - Fort Wayne Indiana

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28 on: Dec 24, 2019, 01:00 PM »

This video shows the HT Nylon drill about half way through

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/e-drill-nylon-hand-auger-kit?a=2214885

https://www.facebook.com/htenterprisesinc/videos/298405541066502/

Offline george_l

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 28, 2020, 10:49 AM »
Diehard,

So how do you like the HT?  Trying to decide between the Pistol 8 and the HT.

Thanks,
George

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.