Author Topic: 10” strike master lite flite  (Read 5352 times)

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
10” strike master lite flite
« on: Nov 26, 2020, 03:20 PM »
Does anyone think strike master will make a 10” lite flite?

Had terrible luck with an early ion and don’t want to go that route but want an electric 10” auger.

Offline Tipupguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 10” strike master lite flite
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2020, 03:31 PM »
I would imagine it would be pretty hard on the battery depending on ice thickness
FISH ON!🎣

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2020, 03:37 PM »
I would imagine it would be pretty hard on the battery depending on ice thickness

They make the 40V in a 10” just with the heavy metal auger. It’s 10lbs heavier than the ion.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2020, 03:45 PM »
do a drill with a 10 inch Nils.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2020, 05:17 PM »
I want a 10” lite flite or new composite ion for my ion X.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2020, 02:01 AM »
Does anyone think strike master will make a 10” lite flite?

Had terrible luck with an early ion and don’t want to go that route but want an electric 10” auger.

Simple.....get a clam plate with the new gear box. A 1200in lb Milwaukee can turn a 10in shaver blade pretty easy....add the gear box and it's not a problem, put a 9ah batter or bigger you'll get plenty of holes. A Milwaukee 1200in lb can drill 10in holes with the mora/clam/ion 10in augers.

The early ion power heads were not strong enough....the latest ion power heads can do the job.

A 10in lite flite electric is the last option I would want. A lite flite is HEAVY compared to what's on the market. It should be called the heavy flite.

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2020, 08:06 AM »
Simple.....get a clam plate with the new gear box. A 1200in lb Milwaukee can turn a 10in shaver blade pretty easy....add the gear box and it's not a problem, put a 9ah batter or bigger you'll get plenty of holes. A Milwaukee 1200in lb can drill 10in holes with the mora/clam/ion 10in augers.

The early ion power heads were not strong enough....the latest ion power heads can do the job.

A 10in lite flite electric is the last option I would want. A lite flite is HEAVY compared to what's on the market. It should be called the heavy flite.

Not dealing with a clam plate and a drill again. I want a light 10” electric auger for tournaments.

Looks like I’ll give ion another chance.

A10” lite-flight with the 40V head would be under 20lbs. That’s 21lbs less than my current 10”gas.

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2020, 08:26 AM »
I asked last winter and was told the tooling costs were too high considering the overall demand for a 10".  One was NOT in the pipeline as of last year. 

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2020, 08:48 AM »
I asked last winter and was told the tooling costs were too high considering the overall demand for a 10".  One was NOT in the pipeline as of last year.

Thanks, I appreciate the info!

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2020, 01:49 AM »
Not dealing with a clam plate and a drill again. I want a light 10” electric auger for tournaments.

A10” lite-flight with the 40V head would be under 20lbs. That’s 21lbs less than my current 10”gas.

You have a really heavy gas auger is what you just said..

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2020, 12:12 PM »

You say dealing with? Did you have a bad experience? Or problems with the setup?

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2020, 08:10 PM »
You say dealing with? Did you have a bad experience? Or problems with the setup?

Yes, last year a buddy and I both had issues with out new clam plates. We both decided they’re not worth it. We both went back to 8” augers with drills for non tourney fishing.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2020, 09:24 PM »
Yes, last year a buddy and I both had issues with out new clam plates. We both decided they’re not worth it. We both went back to 8” augers with drills for non tourney fishing.

Guess I can't come t on the newer clam plates. I have a gen 2 where the chuck came off. I put a dedicated drill on it and couldn't be happier.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2020, 10:21 PM »
New ION 10"  is supposed to cut 1200" of ice per charge with the new battery. I tried one yesterday.... It was buttery🤟

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2020, 07:40 AM »
I think the new 10" Ion is going to be great, especially if you can purchase just the bit and then attach it to a drill.

Until then... here's another option:

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2020, 07:20 AM »
I’d like to see a 10” SM LF. Doubt we’ll see one anytime soon. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see a 9” from someone in the near future
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 02, 2020, 07:46 AM »
I would buy a 9 in a heartbeat! My old 9 inch jiffy I had over 30 years ago (the old single handle leg thumper) was the best size hole I ever fished thru. A bigger than needed hole that an adult foot didn’t go in, and tip ups fit on without falling in.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 02, 2020, 08:51 AM »
I would buy a 9 in a heartbeat! My old 9 inch jiffy I had over 30 years ago (the old single handle leg thumper) was the best size hole I ever fished thru. A bigger than needed hole that an adult foot didn’t go in, and tip ups fit on without falling in.
I’d be happy with a 9”
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2020, 09:14 PM »
I just set up my Milwaukee Fuel with a 10” Ion bit...............I am IN LOVE!  ;D
What an upgrade from my 8” mora!  ::)
So SMOOOOOOOOOOOOTHE! Especially on “breakthrough!” Spins the shavings right out of the hole- don’t need to skim. And I LOVE a 10” hole! Of course only 5” of ice, but the drill didn’t seem to have ANY problem turning that 10” bit!  @) @) @)

I’d like to thank DTro and Pike Fisherman for posting their videos and giving me the idea!  @)

Where's the FISH?!

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 22, 2020, 03:16 PM »
It looks like you made your own adapter. Is there a already manufactured adapter to go from clam plate to 10 inch Ion?

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 23, 2020, 12:42 PM »
It’s the Strikemaster 2 stage adapter. It fits the auger perfectly, but the Allen bolt I got with the auger is 1/16th” too big for the hole in the adapter. I could not find any hardware to fit, but my buddy is a welder. So he welded it onto the auger. Problem solved!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 23, 2020, 02:13 PM »
I have a Strikemaster 50 Volt that's a 10".  Great auger.  Heavy though.  Maybe you could find a used one?
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2020, 04:31 PM »

15.5lbs clam drill plate Milwaukee 1200in/lb drill clam extension and 10in mora

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2020, 04:35 PM »

What were the issues? I know if you don’t have things tight and set right the trigger can be an issue. Once everything is tight and set right it should work really well.

Really, you shouldn’t even need the clam plate. Just a 1200 in/lb brushless drill should turn a 10in clam, mora, or ion bit pretty easy.

I know I wouldn’t pay what clam wants for a clam plate now. It was $45 when I got mine now I think they are $80-$120 which is stupid. Before I’d pay that I’d just go drill with a side handle or adaptor with side handle.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 23, 2020, 04:43 PM »
I just set up my Milwaukee Fuel with a 10” Ion bit...............I am IN LOVE!  ;D
What an upgrade from my 8” mora!  ::)
So SMOOOOOOOOOOOOTHE! Especially on “breakthrough!” Spins the shavings right out of the hole- don’t need to skim. And I LOVE a 10” hole! Of course only 5” of ice, but the drill didn’t seem to have ANY problem turning that 10” bit!  @) @) @)

I’d like to thank DTro and Pike Fisherman for posting their videos and giving me the idea!  @)

Biggest problem is companies and people trying to run things without enough torque. It was kinda funny when the first Ion augers came out....they tried to run 10in augers and didn’t have enough torque to do it. Once Milwaukee jumped from the 725in/lb brushless drill to the 1200in brushless drill the drills actually put the 1gen ion motors to shame.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 23, 2020, 04:44 PM »
Agreed!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 23, 2020, 04:51 PM »
I think the new 10" Ion is going to be great, especially if you can purchase just the bit and then attach it to a drill.

Until then... here's another option:

So do you think that a synthetic flite would save any weight?

Have you weighed the ion bit? I’d like to compare it to the weight of my 10in mora.

Also, with your frisbee have you ever thought of using an o-ring or some kind of rubber band to keep it up tight.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 23, 2020, 08:38 PM »
So do you think that a synthetic flite would save any weight?

Have you weighed the ion bit? I’d like to compare it to the weight of my 10in mora.

Also, with your frisbee have you ever thought of using an o-ring or some kind of rubber band to keep it up tight.

In his other video he shows weighing the bit at a hair over 11.5 lbs.

[/url][/youtube]
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 24, 2020, 01:45 AM »
Interesting....my mora came in a 7lbs.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 24, 2020, 11:22 AM »
Looks like your mora is quite a bit shorter than the Ion...............

I noticed that when I used my Ion today- stands up much higher than my 8” mora, and I have the clam extension on my mora.

Definitely not a lite weight auger, but I’m a pretty big guy, so I don’t mind carrying a little extra weight around. And I don’t drill 50+ holes.............
Where's the FISH?!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.