New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ice fishing Fairport area  (Read 770 times)

Offline pipela

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice fishing Fairport area
« on: Feb 13, 2019, 10:58 AM »
Recently moved to Fairport from wayne county. Wondering about any spots worth trying.

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice fishing Fairport area
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2019, 02:12 PM »
What are you looking for?  Do you mean other than the bays and ponds around Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes?

Fairport is not that far from Wayne County, so many of the same places should apply.  Or are you looking for little local bodies of water?

Offline pipela

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2019, 03:34 PM »
More of local to the fairport like 20 minutes or so of a drive. Always go to sodus bay and kill the perch just looking for a new spot to try. I read a little about mendon ponds park  but unaware of ice conditions

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:56 PM »
There is a thread under Reports for Mendon Ponds.  Ice was fine, fishing not so good for me.  Irondequoit Bay is about 20 minutes away.  There are also some local ponds on the east side of Fairport, an old landfill that people fish at.  Don't know if they ice fish there.

Offline Tg8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2019, 10:11 PM »
Port Gibson, wide waters canal is right there, just before newark on 31.

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:46 AM »
By the way, those ponds in Fairport I was talking about  are on Perinton Parkway.

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2019, 01:25 PM »
Bunch of golf courses out that way, could always drill some holes on those little  ::)ponds and post up on a bucket
Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2019, 11:37 AM »
Bunch of golf courses out that way, could always drill some holes on those little  ::)ponds and post up on a bucket

You'll want to be getting permission from the golf courses before you go cutting holes in their ponds, none of them are public, and to my knowledge none of them are letting you in to fish in the summer months, so I would question whether they are going to let you on in the winter.  Better to hear it here, than from a County Mounty giving you a trespassing ticket!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.