New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Eel Bay  (Read 1915 times)

Offline burningdownthehouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eel Bay
« on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:21 PM »
Looking to take my son and wife (first timer) out to Eel Bay this weekend after our hockey tournament in Clayton, NY. Any tips? I have fished LOTI and Chaumont, but typically don't venture this far north. I want to make it a great experience for my son and wife. PM me if it's easier.

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eel Bay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2019, 03:48 AM »
Fished there last weekend. Most action straight out from launch to right a bit. Probably mostly the same depth. Got some pike on tipups. Bring a hut to jig in cause you can see right to bottom crystal clear. Lots of perch got one 15".

Offline Floatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:58 AM »
Steve....when you say straight out from launch do you mean big park boat launch?  If so, you’re really not fishing Eel Bay, you’re fishing the river, correct?

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2019, 08:23 AM »
Wellesley island st park. I think it's nature center road. Small parking lot and boat launch. I was fishing eel bày.

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2019, 03:23 PM »
For Eel Bay, you enter the park and take the first left after the gate (toward the Minna Anthony Common Nature Center).  After about 1/4 of a mile you'll see a small boat launch on the right & plenty of cars parked with people fishing Eel Bay.  Most areas are productive - out and to the right a little works well.

And you are correct if you go to the main boat launch at the marina in the the State park, that's a different part of the river (though it is fished less over there and I've caught the odd fish from time to time).

You can fish right in Clayton if you want but you'll probably get more consistent action in Eel Bay. In Clayton - you can access French Creek Bay from the public boat launch next to the Antique Boat Museum. 

Good luck in the tournament!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.