New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: No Motors Allowed  (Read 4493 times)

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: No Motors Allowed
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:24 PM »
Lol. I literally called it an internal combustion engine...I said a motor has nothing to do with turning fuel combustion into power.... keep searching google
[/quote
Lol I really don't have to search. I can read very well.And understand posted signs.  No tresspassin means stay off my land and no motors means just that no anything propelled by whatever means electric or gas. Thanks good tlk 😂😂
I live back in the woods you see

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Lol. I don't really need to search it. A no trespassing sign means just that stay off my land. And a No motor sign means the same thing no motors no matter what they're propelled by gas. Battery solar whatever. Nice tlk 😂😂😂

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:33 PM »
I guess you’ll just never understand,  but I’m cool with that lol

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:46 PM »
I understand just fine. And if we happen to be fishing the same lake with signs that say no motors allowed and the GW shows up and gives you a ticket for having either a gas or a battery powered augar I'm gonna bust a gut. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. 😂😂😂😂😂

Offline Db

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 607 373 0942
« Reply #34 on: Feb 10, 2019, 09:40 PM »
Not to butt in I have been checked by dec many times where it say no motors have NEVER gotten a ticket and two of the times was on a resivior

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:17 AM »
Some of the signs I have seen say no Motorized vehicles. The powers that be  lack specificity in signage. After that some of this  thread seems more like a Monte Python skit ;D

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:23 AM »
You sir are correct 😂😂 it's interesting to read different opinions about it. A motor isn't a engine and so on 😂😂 Me I'll obey the posted speed limit 😂😂

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:48 AM »
You guys are fighting like a couple of duck hunters.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:53 AM »
You guys are fighting like a couple of duck hunters.
That's not a duck it's a goose and you can have it they're not in season 😉😂😂😂

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:02 AM »
all the trout ponds i fish say no motorized motors which includes gas and electric but those ponds close at end of trout season no ice fishing.

Offline Jmny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:19 AM »
Everybody has a guess on what they believe is right, but nobody knows for sure.   
Contact the governing authority at the specific body of water to see what is allowed and what isn’t. In this case I don’t believe the names of the lake/pond we’re even given.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:44 AM »
No they weren't. My reason for posting this was to see varying opinions. Signs are signs posted for one particular reason. It doesn't matter where. Yes we can contact different authorities and get 100 different answers. Some will look the other way and most will give you a ticket.

Offline hunt4perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:50 AM »
Everybody has a guess on what they believe is right, but nobody knows for sure.   
Contact the governing authority at the specific body of water to see what is allowed and what isn’t. In this case I don’t believe the names of the lake/pond we’re even given.
No contact necessary. It is all spelled out in the regulations for those bodies of water with regulations on motors!

"Gas-operated outboard motors are not permitted on the Peconic River"

"(iv) In the waters of Quaker Lake, motorized vessels utilizing electric motors of no more than five horsepower are permitted."

"and no motors are permitted on the lake"

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:45 AM »
I am not  going to mention the lake  because I would  be burning the greatest  fishing spot  ever found by man!  but   Freddie   and a  few  near me can verify this .......for  50 years a  sign was posted that  said  no motor larger then a  3 horse  now  a  game  warden was there he  told  me that sign was old  and was supposed to be taken  down  years ago .... I  called the  regional office  they said the same  exact thing  .... the  sign was taken down or fell down over the years ....moral of the story  ...simply call and  ask  some  lakes have  different rules, no gas motors    because of noise others  for other reasons  ..... and  by the way a battery in your  electric  auger isn't  going to  leak a  marine  battery  for a trolling motor  can ......  all these  places  have  different rules  take the  5 minutes to simply call...I know  we have the greatest  legal minds  known to man kind right here  and  we can discuss the  differences between a motor and a engine    but  be safe   make  the  call  ........and  stop  picking on full throttle  for crying out  loud the  man sells lawn mowers and  fixes  them .....course  he  bought a  boat to big  for is  truck .....  :roflmao:

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Trap, he’s just looking for different peoples opinion on the subject, not the correct answer .  Lol not sure why

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:01 AM »
i  just  wanted  to bust on ya  buddy  hey lets  get the  big guy and you   making another  video

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:18 AM »
I went out again to the gsl to try but the 15 mph wind makes it impossible to film. All you hear is wind lol. I might make a short video out of it if I can pull some descent footage out of it. Plus I only got once fish yesterday lol

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:27 AM »
That's not a duck it's a goose and you can have it they're not in season 😉😂😂😂
If it's a white goose its open...lol. the argument continues. Hahaha

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:15 AM »
No no Trapper I'm not picking on Ft and as I said you can call and get a 100 different answers. And if the sign was taking down by whatever means fine so be it. It just says alot about the character of the person that chooses to ignore such signs. Now I've got fish to catch I'm on a good bite and there's over a foot of ice here.

Don't follow the masses because sometimes the M is silent.

Hagrday day and as always fish hardwater

Offline FishinDude0901

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walleye Wisdom
« Reply #49 on: Feb 11, 2019, 11:49 AM »
Lol hey who ever made that Facebook thread the other day, come look! quick!
Jiggin' Like A Fool

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:01 PM »
If it sign states no motors. Why can you use a gas auger ?  It’s 100% not a motor if it’s got a gas engine on it. Big difference lol. Motors consume power. Engines create it.

Let us know if the judge agrees with the physics!!!  ;) ;) ;)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:17 PM »
No no Trapper I'm not picking on Ft and as I said you can call and get a 100 different answers. And if the sign was taking down by whatever means fine so be it. It just says alot about the character of the person that chooses to ignore such signs. Now I've got fish to catch I'm on a good bite and there's over a foot of ice here.

Don't follow the masses because sometimes the M is silent.

Hagrday day and as always fish hardwater

you can pick on full throttle ....i do  :)

Offline hunt4perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 11, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Well doesn't a battery produce electricity?
I believe you knew what I meant 🤦

No, it stored electricity!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:07 PM »
Lol yeah. I was just busting on his post. The word motor is too loosely used to describe something that powers something. I’m a gear head, calling an engine a motor is like a sin. They are 2 totally different things. Thats like saying your a motor because your powering a bike with your body.  A motor only consumes power. An engine creates power by burning fuel. A motor can create torque without rpm, an internal combustion engine cannot.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:20 PM »
No, it stored electricity!
Correct Trapper but it also produces electricity to move or pwr certain inanimate objects.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:26 PM »
yote that comment was  ment   for the  person that said a   electric  auger   batterey  could  leak

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:29 PM »
yote that comment was  ment   for the  person that said a   electric  auger   batterey  could  leak

👍🏼👍🏼

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:31 PM »
Lol yeah. I was just busting on his post. The word motor is too loosely used to describe something that powers something. I’m a gear head, calling an engine a motor is like a sin. They are 2 totally different things. Thats like saying your a motor because your powering a bike with your body.  A motor only
consumes power. An engine creates power by burning fuel. A motor can create torque without rpm, an internal combustion engine cannot.
I like a good ball busting as long as others can and don't take the ball and run home. But I am a motor because I consume energy creating pwr to move whatever 😂😂😂

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:32 PM »
Correct Trapper but it also produces electricity to move or pwr certain inanimate objects.

Lol just keep throwing untill something sticks.  A lead cell battery will produce power when acid is added. It will create voltage. Not full voltage. But voltage. Once that voltage is depleted it needs outside voltage to charge it back up. A battery can not move an inanimate object. ( well maybe if you throw the battery at it ? ) the battery supply’s voltage to a motor that can move an object.  That’s like saying if you place a can of fuel next to your truck that it will move your truck.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:35 PM »
Sorry I didn't get back sooner had some fish on the line 🤣 now that I've walked this fueled motor (body) off the safe ice and pwrd my way up the hill to my motorized supplied internal combustion engine I hope it has enough torque to get me up this hill so I can get home to my old man who's motor functions are going. I didn't want a physics class cause I wasn't good in school. You say tomato I say tomatoe 🤣🤣 SIGNS SIGNS EVERYWHERE THERE'S SIGNS😂😂😂😂

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.