New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: otisco lake bs thread  (Read 179937 times)

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: otisco lake bs thread
« Reply #570 on: Jan 05, 2016, 08:23 AM »
.don't worry bigal I'll b invisable this yr out there that way u can't sit in my back pocket and scare the fish away
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Offline TigerHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #571 on: Jan 05, 2016, 08:29 AM »
No problem. Na sporty wasn't with me he is scared of open eater, unless it opened up from his wheeler haha.  I did have some luck. 42 1/4" 19lb tiger and a 27" 7.5lb walleye.  Both my new personal best and on the first weekend of the year.

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #572 on: Jan 05, 2016, 08:35 AM »
.don't worry bigal I'll b invisable this yr out there that way u can't sit in my back pocket and scare the fish away

I'll scare all the fish away. My cannon is loaded, ready to go. And I have some tnt....
Anyone can be a fisherman in May...E.H.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #573 on: Jan 05, 2016, 10:47 AM »
Merk our kids must know each other from the bus funny they know each other and we never crossed paths lol..mine son is 7

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #574 on: Jan 05, 2016, 05:53 PM »
small world...

We'll have to get the boys to drag out all of our gear for us, then teach 'em how to drill holes.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #575 on: Jan 06, 2016, 07:58 AM »
No problem. Na sporty wasn't with me he is scared of open eater, unless it opened up from his wheeler haha.  I did have some luck. 42 1/4" 19lb tiger and a 27" 7.5lb walleye.  Both my new personal best and on the first weekend of the year.

I was just opening up a spot for you to troll lol.
I'll be checking my pond soon should be good today. I hope this warm up don't last long I've got the itch BAD.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #576 on: Jan 08, 2016, 05:51 AM »
Heard from a fellow fisherman and friend that the lake is almost locked in and the whole area near the dam is locked up all the way to the narrows..if maxwells creek is frozen I'll go do an ice check but this weekend is gonna b tough on ice rain and warm then Monday rite back down to the teens won't be long boys n girls

Offline TigerHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #577 on: Jan 08, 2016, 05:57 AM »
I was hoping to get out there with the boat one more time. Sounds like the outdrive may have to double as a spud this weekend.

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #578 on: Jan 08, 2016, 06:10 AM »
I hunted ducks their last two days n the south side of causeway is locked with around 2" n north of causeway has no ice next to shore until just out from narrows to dam is locked with around 2"  n rest of lake is wide open...depends how much rain we get n should be ice for fishing middle to end next week :clap: :icefish:

Offline craigski1980

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #579 on: Jan 10, 2016, 12:27 AM »
drove by yesterday and saw 2 guys walking off!!! Not the best idea yet. maybe inch and a half to 2 out there. no fish is worth a swim I say.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #580 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:36 AM »
I was hoping to get out there with the boat one more time. Sounds like the outdrive may have to double as a spud this weekend.

Don't you be out there breaking our ice now  :callcops:
Thomas Harris

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #581 on: Jan 11, 2016, 01:05 PM »
I'm thinking the ice may be gone nownot for sure..I will find out Wednesday I'll b going to check gonna b cold out now just hoping the wind didn't break it up

Offline TigerHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #582 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:10 PM »
I stayed home. It was open water on the north side of the causeway until the narrows though.  Hopefully something happens this week.

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #583 on: Jan 12, 2016, 05:27 PM »
stop and looked at dam end today....    10'+ of water between guardrail n whats left of ice and the waves opened the narrows to almost half way to dam  :%$#!: gonna be awail

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #584 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:26 AM »
Boo

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #585 on: Jan 13, 2016, 12:16 PM »
A few more days once we get rid of this wind it will b good

Offline hollywood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #586 on: Jan 14, 2016, 06:15 AM »
The north end is about half covered. BUT there is open water about 25 feet from the rocks at the access to the ice. Going to be later next week, at least. Did see a couple guys out there last week before the open water came in by shore. It looked like they were on Saran Wrap. No thanks. No gill is worth it and if you'd pulled a tiger up the extra weight would probably put you through! Is

Offline 1CE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #587 on: Jan 14, 2016, 10:45 AM »
Thanks for the report.  I can tell you, an unplanned dip thru the ice is NO fun.  Be safe & don't rush it.

Offline deadbaitjeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • can`t drink all day if udon`t start in the morning
« Reply #588 on: Jan 18, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Hey. All not lookin good for Feb 13and 14 might do a small one day on the 20th,perch,gills,crappie ,and largest golden shower ,at the dam,No Tigers

Offline H2O-32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #589 on: Jan 18, 2016, 05:16 PM »
Hey. All not lookin good for Feb 13and 14 might do a small one day on the 20th,perch,gills,crappie ,and largest golden shower ,at the dam,No Tigers
Golden shiner, right? Gotta love autocorrect.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #590 on: Jan 18, 2016, 05:42 PM »
Golden shiner, right? Gotta love autocorrect.

LMAO
Thomas Harris

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #591 on: Jan 18, 2016, 06:30 PM »
how much snow did the lake get?

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #592 on: Jan 18, 2016, 11:43 PM »
IThttp://hat would be rite up my alley ....the 20th not golden shower... ;D not much snow as of yesterday but getting pounded at my house rite now 12:40 am we have at least 8 inches....of snow...gonna try n get out Friday and check..I

Offline deadbaitjeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • can`t drink all day if udon`t start in the morning
« Reply #593 on: Jan 19, 2016, 03:39 PM »
Lol yes golden shiner

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #594 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:36 AM »
Wow everyone sleeping out here or what who's all around this yr ???

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #595 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:50 AM »
hey big guy is our spot freezing up or what?

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #596 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:14 AM »
It will be if the snow machine ever stops.sheeesh.I'm taking a ride Saturday to check it out..gonna be a late season but just in time for crappies to bite

Offline Fishfry1984

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #597 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:31 AM »
Keep us updated big guy let us know how she looks

Offline Tuukka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #598 on: Jan 21, 2016, 01:14 PM »
..Fellas  HOW  the HELL are you guys.....i cant wait untill there is safe ice so we can go get those TIGERSsss.....hey i need some help this is ACE(the deadhead)..i had a computer malfunction last year and i lost all my contacts. ICESHANTY would not let me in as ACE so i had to set up a new account( i can in as TUUKKA)...im trying to touch base with a moderater or someone who knows about this stuff so i can go back to being ACE....ive lost all my ability to access some features on this site........Thanks alot...ALL GOOD  and i hope to see you guys soon enough................ .................LATER .....................

...........WE  can share the women
                                                                                                                                                               We can share the wine
                                                                                                                                                               We gotta share what we got of yours
                                                                                                                                                               "Cause we done SHARED ALL OF MINE...........
                                                                                                                                                                                               j.garcia     R.I.P

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #599 on: Jan 21, 2016, 01:34 PM »
..Fellas  HOW  the HELL are you guys.....i cant wait untill there is safe ice so we can go get those TIGERSsss.....hey i need some help this is ACE(the deadhead)..i had a computer malfunction last year and i lost all my contacts. ICESHANTY would not let me in as ACE so i had to set up a new account( i can in as TUUKKA)...im trying to touch base with a moderater or someone who knows about this stuff so i can go back to being ACE....ive lost all my ability to access some features on this site........Thanks alot...ALL GOOD  and i hope to see you guys soon enough................ .................LATER .....................

...........WE  can share the women
                                                                                                                                                               We can share the wine
                                                                                                                                                               We gotta share what we got of yours
                                                                                                                                                               "Cause we done SHARED ALL OF MINE...........
                                                                                                                                                                                               j.garcia     R.I.P

Contact the administration.. ;)
   http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=profile;u=1
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.