New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: otisco lake bs thread  (Read 179936 times)

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: otisco lake bs thread
« Reply #270 on: Jan 31, 2015, 06:45 PM »
      bigal409,
OOOOOOPSSSS!!! Boy I think I need new glasses?????
      Kim
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #271 on: Jan 31, 2015, 07:19 PM »
my neck isn't as bad I'm hoping to make the walk   ;D see  you  guys  tomorrow  if  your  there

Offline berakuda44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #272 on: Feb 01, 2015, 06:59 AM »
Been fishing Otisco for years, but only in the bay by the dam. I was curious if a longer walk may produce more perch and/or panfish out past the narrows. Any info would be appreciated. Be safe and tight lines.
You can't catch 'em if you don't go out!

Offline spoof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #273 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:12 AM »
Try out in front of the park a mile south of the narrows.  Seems like there are always a few cars there...

Offline berakuda44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #274 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:01 AM »
Try out in front of the park a mile south of the narrows.  Seems like there are always a few cars there...

I've seen them there as well, just figured since they are in about 30' of water, they are probably going after tigers. Guess I could be a little misguided in that assumption lol. Also, has anyone ever fished down by the causeway? I see people down there about a half mile out from there every year, and wonder why so few try out there. I wonder if there could be decent perch down there?

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #275 on: Feb 01, 2015, 04:35 PM »
well is the lake dead or alive. ???...i wanna go tomarrow ..well i am going....been a few days....

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #276 on: Feb 01, 2015, 05:05 PM »
was dead when I first got  there  I moved  back   nothing  then someone flipped the switch and  it was game on ..... I left early  but managed a  good couple diners worth

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #277 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:54 AM »
thanks trapper but gonna stay home today getting dumped on rite now :%$#!:  didnt need this snow..im gonna shoot for tuesday instead suppose to calm down by then... ;D

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #278 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:18 AM »
I got to snowblow  myself how much did you get

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #279 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:57 AM »
8 inches still snowing hard had to snowblow so the mom could get out..and go to work..coffee time now ;D

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #280 on: Feb 02, 2015, 06:56 AM »

I've seen them there as well, just figured since they are in about 30' of water, they are probably going after tigers. Guess I could be a little misguided in that assumption lol. Also, has anyone ever fished down by the causeway? I see people down there about a half mile out from there every year, and wonder why so few try out there. I wonder if there could be decent perch down there?

I have ice fished causeway countless times and very few pan fish if any....once and a wail u get a brown trout, tiger or a walleye deff not many fish around their in winter. most fish concentrate in north end of lake due to warmer water and lots of feed 

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #281 on: Feb 02, 2015, 07:07 AM »
fishslayet when ya heading out again .im shooting for tomarrow

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #282 on: Feb 02, 2015, 07:15 AM »
im going over today with kids they got a snow day today n ill be around their this week till Friday then headed to whitney point for weekend

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #283 on: Feb 02, 2015, 08:53 AM »
ok make me a trail...thanks... ;D..

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #284 on: Feb 02, 2015, 07:58 PM »
made a good trail till the wind gets it tonight  ;D around 10" of snow when we left tonight be tuff drag for couple days...we fished 11:30 to dark n did 126 gills n 2 crappie  1 perch worth keeping throw few small ones back...was good day other than the drag  @) @)

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #285 on: Feb 02, 2015, 10:44 PM »
Been fishing Otisco for years, but only in the bay by the dam. I was curious if a longer walk may produce more perch and/or panfish out past the narrows. Any info would be appreciated. Be safe and tight lines.

kuda...you can get into some fish out on the main lake. I've found more perch there than inside the narrows. It's a tou-u-u-u-u-gh drag with this new snow though. bigger bait, bigger fish
Anyone can be a fisherman in May...E.H.

Offline LipRipper315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #286 on: Feb 02, 2015, 11:42 PM »
Hey fishslayer, were u fishing near the dam? How many Fow? Thanks

Offline LipRipper315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #287 on: Feb 03, 2015, 04:23 AM »
I'm thinking about hitting the north end around 9-10. Anyone else braving the wind chill? Bent rods!!!

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #288 on: Feb 03, 2015, 06:12 AM »
over by the damn the water depth dont change to much ...averges around 8-10 fow...i think of course it has its shallow spots to..near shore..fishslayer good deal on the fish...ill be out friday..around 9 then saterday u know where ill be... :icefish: :icefish: ;D...wanted to go today but going to the drs..my rite hip is hurting bad..i have a popping going on it snaps then gets real tingly and warm..and when it happens my leg gives out..making me mad

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #289 on: Feb 03, 2015, 07:22 AM »
north end of the lake......ill be out their today.....
big guy hope that dosnt last too long for u...see u out soon :) :)

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #290 on: Feb 03, 2015, 02:09 PM »
over by the damn the water depth dont change to much ...averges around 8-10 fow...i think of course it has its shallow spots to..near shore..fishslayer good deal on the fish...ill be out friday..around 9 then saterday u know where ill be... :icefish: :icefish: ;D...wanted to go today but going to the drs..my rite hip is hurting bad..i have a popping going on it snaps then gets real tingly and warm..and when it happens my leg gives out..making me mad
Get better real soon big guy. you owe me a fishing date. LOL  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline berakuda44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #291 on: Feb 03, 2015, 05:22 PM »
kuda...you can get into some fish out on the main lake. I've found more perch there than inside the narrows. It's a tou-u-u-u-u-gh drag with this new snow though. bigger bait, bigger fish
Much appreciated for the info! Do you drag out past the narrows, or go out from the park? I've been thinking about heading out from the park and heading towards the narrows. Figure it's six of one, half dozen of the other, you know? Thanks again and safe fishing!

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #292 on: Feb 03, 2015, 08:49 PM »
thanks fishslayer and bigal...gotta go see a neurolagist tomarrow think its my siatic nerve messing with me...sure is annoying i never know when my leg is gonna give out on me... ::) almost time for a fresh fish dinner again..i will br back on the ice..i dont stay down...

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #293 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:15 PM »
Much appreciated for the info! Do you drag out past the narrows, or go out from the park? I've been thinking about heading out from the park and heading towards the narrows. Figure it's six of one, half dozen of the other, you know? Thanks again and safe fishing!
drag from either the park, or on the west side of the lake guard rail - south of the narrows... I crossed the narrows last year at about 9am -solid, and while returning at about 4pm there was a pressure crack a foot wide with 10" of water on top...we ended up walking around.
Anyone can be a fisherman in May...E.H.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #294 on: Feb 04, 2015, 04:32 PM »
any body get out there  today?

Offline BudMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #295 on: Feb 04, 2015, 05:25 PM »
Was out last night till about 11:30. Couple of crappie and a bunch of bigger gills. Posted on the conditions board what it was like out there ice wise. Sore shoulders to go with my already sore back.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #296 on: Feb 06, 2015, 05:55 AM »
anyone headed out saterday ???...thinking about giving it a whirl...im having with drawls from not jigging down my hole :icefish: :icefish:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #297 on: Feb 06, 2015, 05:59 AM »
anyone headed out saterday ???...thinking about giving it a whirl...im having with drawls from not jigging down my hole :icefish: :icefish:

think ill make the walk threw the snow ,hope theres a trail

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #298 on: Feb 06, 2015, 06:14 AM »
yea me to i guess ill make a trail if i gotta my walk isnt to far i fish nesr the bouyes..over by the bird feeder.... :o.just gave my dpot away..oh well..

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #299 on: Feb 06, 2015, 09:52 AM »
lol

I'm on ya now ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.