New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: otisco lake bs thread  (Read 179934 times)

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
Re: otisco lake bs thread
« Reply #240 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:23 PM »
I still ride on the lake and take my chances.  The local police seem to be lenient as long as your not "joy ridin'.  Same with Whitney PT.

2X
Don't be a dic& go slow and be nice, you should be fine.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #241 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:40 PM »
Probably the same guy that my friend had arrested for hunter harassment a few years back.   He was saying how you couldn't duck hunt here next to the park blah blah blah.   Then came out and started shooting a rifle in the air over my friends boat.   He left in cuffs shortly after.

I love a happy ending to a story

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #242 on: Jan 29, 2015, 12:22 AM »
That's hilarious...not the shooting over your buddy but the part when he got arrested. What a moron...
I guess I'll still take my chances droppin the wheelers off at the park. It's easy to argue that we're not there to tear up the lawn.
Why do people gotta take the fun outta everything we do?
Anyone can be a fisherman in May...E.H.

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #243 on: Jan 29, 2015, 12:28 AM »
and about crossing the narrows...Last year I dragged in from the dam and fished gill early, then made a move to the main lake for some perch. The narrows were golden at 9:00 am, but by 4:00 pm, there was a foot wide pressure crack with about 10" of water on top.
We walked around...

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #244 on: Jan 29, 2015, 05:49 AM »
it was a tough day fishing yesterday..ended up with 35 gills..5 perch...met a couple a nice ppl ..not on shanty yet anyways..2 of them were bigals buddys...i dont know how the old timer huffed it out there but he did......gonna give it another shot today seen one flag fly and he came up empty handed

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #245 on: Jan 29, 2015, 06:05 AM »
ill b out trapper

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #246 on: Jan 29, 2015, 06:28 AM »
it was a tough day fishing yesterday..ended up with 35 gills..5 perch...met a couple a nice ppl ..not on shanty yet anyways..2 of them were bigals buddys...i dont know how the old timer huffed it out there but he did......gonna give it another shot today seen one flag fly and he came up empty handed
My buddies? Didn't know I had any of those. LOL  :thumbsup: :woot: Hey big guy.  What no limit? Looks like you broke your perfect score huh?  :%$#!:

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #247 on: Jan 29, 2015, 06:34 AM »
yep the lake got me...the fish were tight lipped it was tough...they would come up off bottom look at my jig for a while then go back down...was like that all day...im gonna try and reddem myself today....i did get a bunch in the cove by the bird feeder...Don cut his finger pretty good on his auger...i bandaged it up for him....makes my day to see an old timer like him out there...

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #248 on: Jan 29, 2015, 12:50 PM »
very slow again today..managed 12 nice perch and 32 gills..was talking to a guy out there he had a camera set up seen 5 tigers in 2 hrs ...nothing huge but one was decent size....no flag chasers today  no one had a flag...i think this front slowed things down

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #249 on: Jan 29, 2015, 02:00 PM »
now that im home unloaded my stuff i noticed my extra battery for my marcum came up missing from my truck..but thats ok...its bad battery...lol.fergot ta lock my doors...so i hope  they enjoy my dead battery..lock the doors fellas

Offline LipRipper315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #250 on: Jan 29, 2015, 05:12 PM »
Hey all, first year ice fishing. A friend recommended spikes for panfish on otisco. Does anyone know what depth the perch are biting at? How do I go about rigging the spike? What kind of/size hook? Do I use a split shot for weight? All replies are greatly appreciated. Bent rods everyone!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #251 on: Jan 29, 2015, 05:22 PM »
the old trap  might be grounded  for a few  days  nursing a neck injury ....i'll be  back in action soon I hope  till then ...keep a  eye on the place big guy!

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #252 on: Jan 29, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Hey all, first year ice fishing. A friend recommended spikes for panfish on otisco. Does anyone know what depth the perch are biting at? How do I go about rigging the spike? What kind of/size hook? Do I use a split shot for weight? All replies are greatly appreciated. Bent rods everyone!

Spikes go on jigs 4 lb test is best.
Get some more posts so we can PM you. look at threads that peak your interest and learn.
Welcome to the shanty we are all here to help, add your location to your profile it helps us help you.

Thomas Harris

Offline spoof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #253 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:07 PM »
I like 2 lb test.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #254 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:35 PM »
lipripper  if  you  go  to  otisco  I  find  the  people  there  are  the  nicest  icefisherman  I  have  ever  met  I  suggest  just  asking  someone  and  I'm  sure  they  will show  you

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #255 on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:49 PM »
ill be watchin trapper wont hit the lake till monday gotta work all weekend ::)...they could of at least left me a sandwich for my battery.. :callcops:

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #256 on: Jan 29, 2015, 10:02 PM »
just wanted to say hello to everyone and a thanks to big guy 13021 for getting me to join finally......that's a bummer u didn't limit out again big guy. I limited out again in my last hole I sat on.....they were deff tightlipped till I put on some garlic gel n then I couldn't keep up with two rods.....what fun ;D

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #257 on: Jan 29, 2015, 10:24 PM »
just wanted to say hello to everyone and a thanks to big guy 13021 for getting me to join finally......that's a bummer u didn't limit out again big guy. I limited out again in my last hole I sat on.....they were deff tightlipped till I put on some garlic gel n then I couldn't keep up with two rods.....what fun ;D
.....howdy fishslayer...omg tight lipped for sure...lol...welcome to iceshany alot nice ppl on here....get your 3 postd so u can get to the reports n conditions bored..but this communty area is a good place to..see ya out there..monday if ya go...i just got garlic gel tonight to im ready now :icefish: :icefish: :thumbsup:

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #258 on: Jan 29, 2015, 11:08 PM »
Garlic gel :-\ did you run out of WD40  :roflmao:
Thomas Harris

Offline LipRipper315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #259 on: Jan 30, 2015, 12:52 AM »
Thanks NYsporty, appreciate the tips!

Offline LipRipper315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #260 on: Jan 30, 2015, 01:10 AM »
Anyone been having success with perch at a certain depth?  Need a belly full of perch and I needed it last week! Bent rods everyone

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #261 on: Jan 30, 2015, 03:20 AM »
A few jackson perch in about 18'. But they are few and far between.
We've been getting the big perch on shiners - no tigers yet....hmmmm.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #262 on: Jan 30, 2015, 05:51 AM »
Garlic gel :-\ did you run out of WD40  :roflmao:
....yep its getting to expensive..at least with garlic jel i can put some on my sandwich.. ;D :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #263 on: Jan 30, 2015, 06:53 AM »
....yep its getting to expensive..at least with garlic jel i can put some on my sandwich.. ;D :roflmao: :roflmao:
Ok guys. I've never heard of garlic gel. Where does someone get that stuff?  :woot:

Offline fishslayer730

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #264 on: Jan 30, 2015, 08:18 AM »
its made by pro-cure

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #265 on: Jan 30, 2015, 08:24 AM »
 ;D bigal basspro has it to just a different brand...i think even if u fished with dollar bills :D u still couldnt catch a fish this year :roflmao: :roflmao: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #266 on: Jan 30, 2015, 01:14 PM »
;D bigal basspro has it to just a different brand...i think even if u fished with dollar bills :D u still couldnt catch a fish this year :roflmao: :roflmao: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Yea. I had a guy give me some bad info last weekend. LOL  :nono:

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #267 on: Jan 30, 2015, 04:28 PM »
i was getting them bigal ::)...i bedn having bad luck now..there out there just cant get them to hit..good luck tomarrow if u go...and the garlick thingy i just learned about ... ;D...learned the from liripper he pounding them me nothing soooooo :P..there...lol

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #268 on: Jan 31, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Any amount of snow at Glimmerglass?? Thanks
      Kim :tipup: :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #269 on: Jan 31, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Any amount of snow at Glimmerglass?? Thanks
      Kim :tipup: :tipup:
[/quote :]
you have the wrong lake don't you?  :nono:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.