New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 2007 Adirondack Get-Together  (Read 17185 times)

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
Re: 2007 Adirondack Get-Together
« Reply #60 on: Jan 13, 2007, 09:33 PM »
I would say a weekend in Feb correct? Can you put up a poll?
My first vote would be Lake George if there is ice. Lot's of nice tent sites out on the islands in the narrows.
Second would be Raquette. My 2cents.
Robb :tipup:
Ditto for me!
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Not bad, but i can do better!
« Reply #61 on: Jan 14, 2007, 06:52 AM »
I say choose another lake like Eaton, or possibly schroon that we know will freeze and will be frozen with enough ice to run the quads and what not.  Lake George is more a pipe dream at this point and if you start making plans, people may make accomidations, take time off from work ect.. then only to have it change is a pain.  I don't remember who posted it but who said fourth lake and which fourth lake were you talking about.  The fourth lake in Lake Luzerne?   

Also what about paradox lake? I'm not real farmilliar with paradox but i know their is the camp sites.

Matt
My new Motto for the New Year #@%& it i'm going fishing

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:31 AM »
i would like both lake George and Eaton :) but mattmull makes a valid point, who knows with lake George :(

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The sweet smell of success!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:37 AM »
I vote for Lake Eaton.   I was there Friday and it had ice, but not enough for me to feel comfortable fishing on.  Next week's cold blast should really firm things up.  We'll be able to take 4 wheelers out soon as long as it doesn't warm up again.

Will Lake George freeze even with the predicted cold weather in time?

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:45 AM »
Tuesday, Jan 16More Details Colder with a bit of snowLow: -12 °FHigh: 12 °F

How do you like that forecasted Low? That is for the Saranac area :D

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 14, 2007, 09:38 AM »
Schroon? Anybody? I don't have a quad and haffta hoof tow my gear. It's a shorter hoof on the North end of Schroon. I don't know Eaton to Ice-Fish on and don't know how far I'd haffta walk. Stuff gets heavy. :tipup:
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
« Reply #66 on: Jan 14, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Schroon? Anybody? I don't have a quad and haffta hoof tow my gear. It's a shorter hoof on the North end of Schroon. I don't know Eaton to Ice-Fish on and don't know how far I'd haffta walk. Stuff gets heavy. :tipup:
I'll help you out there 'Saw you won't hafta hoof at all...thanks for the log info!!
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Offline sounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 14, 2007, 11:52 AM »
I think schroon would be a great choice north end easy access plenty of parking Bigger water more fish species local bait shops motels  and Flannigans. The town has it all and the fishings pretty good Chainsaw and a few others on here can attest to that Eatons a good place to fish also but my experiance there is hit or miss and i fish there often also there really isnt much up there as far as bait food or accomadations. Just my 2 cnts.

Offline HomerJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 14, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Count me in, i dont care where we go, i dont think it matters, as long as there is beer and people wanting to drink it we are going to have a good time. OH i guess somewhere we can catch fish would help too!!  my thoughts on Simon pond is that we were able to drive out there and that made a big difference i dont think we are going to have that luxury this year. Oh yeah i just saw this post so if ive repeted anything anyone said already just ignore me im an idiot! 

Hey mattmull whats up haven't talked in a while.

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #69 on: Jan 14, 2007, 01:26 PM »
Well I guess the King would be a little sketchy to set a date on, but it sure would be nice.
And raquette would be a real good choice as well.

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Jan 14, 2007, 04:25 PM »
Beermaster sent ya PM good to see your still alive and the booze or being back down towards the city hasnt killed ya yet.

Matt

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #71 on: Jan 14, 2007, 04:49 PM »
Now, let's plan things...I think the north end will be a good idea.  It goes from shallow to deep pretty quickly, so people who want to fish for pike and pannies can do so, and those who want to fish for lakers and salmon can do so...and not be a long way apart!  This is going to be a great time guys!  Again, vote on a date...The poll is stickied at the top of the NY General board. 

-Zach

I like the date poll. I thought we were doing a poll for LOCATION as well???? Democracy usually works out for the best as it is voted on with everyone giving their opion. My 2 cents.....

Offline matthewwood25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 14, 2007, 04:59 PM »
date is good i like lake eaton

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #73 on: Jan 14, 2007, 05:19 PM »
Okay guys, let me retract what I had posted before.  I guess I was being a bit hasty.  :-\ I'll put up a poll.  I had thought that Schroon was a good idea because it offered good fishing for both warmwater (pike and panfish) and coldwater (lakers/salmon) fishing.  Trying to please the masses, ya know?  :P That's why I chose Tupper Lake last year...even if it did move to Simon Pond due to the TERRIBLE fishing the day before.  ::)

Let me say one thing...While fishing yesterday, Coldbum and I were talking and agreed that Lake George just doesn't make sense.  With the way the weather has been this year, it's not sensible for a lot of people to make plans for a lake that may not even freeze well.  :-\ Trust me, I REALLY want to get out on The King...but I just think that choosing another lake is the BEST choice. 

-Zach

Offline HomerJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 14, 2007, 05:28 PM »
If i have one suggestion is that we go somewhere that someone knows a little bit about. Only so that we all dont go out there blind.

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #75 on: Jan 14, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Okay guys, let me retract what I had posted before.  I guess I was being a bit hasty.  :-\ I'll put up a poll.  I had thought that Schroon was a good idea because it offered good fishing for both warmwater (pike and panfish) and coldwater (lakers/salmon) fishing.  Trying to please the masses, ya know?  :P That's why I chose Tupper Lake last year...even if it did move to Simon Pond due to the TERRIBLE fishing the day before.  ::)

Let me say one thing...While fishing yesterday, Coldbum and I were talking and agreed that Lake George just doesn't make sense.  With the way the weather has been this year, it's not sensible for a lot of people to make plans for a lake that may not even freeze well.  :-\ Trust me, I REALLY want to get out on The King...but I just think that choosing another lake is the BEST choice. 

-Zach

Hey Zach,

This doesn't have to be the 1st and only ADK get together!! We could always do another one in March too ;D. Who knows where we'll have ice by the middle of March?? 

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Jan 14, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Good point Robb, In fact if enough people talk pretty much every weekend can atleast be a mini get together.  I know i just moved so i'm looking for anyone to fish with  ;D. Even if that certain lake isnt frozen in march their will be plenty more to hit up.

Matt

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #77 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:37 PM »
I think Schroon is a good idea..
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline wildlifecaretaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 14, 2007, 08:41 PM »
Good point Robb, In fact if enough people talk pretty much every weekend can at least be a mini get together.  I know i just moved so i'm looking for anyone to fish with  ;D. Even if that certain lake isnt frozen in march their will be plenty more to hit up.

I did a post a while back that apparently was confusing for some with my gibberish. I think I was having multiple thoughts and in trying to get them all on there, kept jumping back and forth. However, the bottome line of the post was exactly this. While a large get together would be awesome, there can always be smaller get togethers based on people availability. No matter what weekend you choose, I'm sure there will be some that are not able to make it for various reasons. I have a good bunch of friends that I wouldn't trade for the world, but it's hard enough to get them out on open water when it's below 70 degrees....and on the ice, well that idea has been given up on long ago...lol So, I do most of my icefishing alone and would always appreciate some like minded company while doing such. Maybe learn a few things from more seasoned ice fishers. I'm not afraid of driving and love trying waters that I haven't tried before. I don't even keep fish, so you wouldn't have to worry about me coming back and stealing all of your secret fish...lol Once things solidify better, I general go up to the 1000 islands area on a regular basis. If anyone would ever like to go up there with me, you are more than welcome. Just PM me and we can make plans once the ice is in.

mike

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #79 on: Jan 14, 2007, 08:44 PM »
I did a post a while back that apparently was confusing for some with my gibberish. I think I was having multiple thoughts and in trying to get them all on there, kept jumping back and forth. However, the bottome line of the post was exactly this. While a large get together would be awesome, there can always be smaller get togethers based on people availability. No matter what weekend you choose, I'm sure there will be some that are not able to make it for various reasons. I have a good bunch of friends that I wouldn't trade for the world, but it's hard enough to get them out on open water when it's below 70 degrees....and on the ice, well that idea has been given up on long ago...lol So, I do most of my icefishing alone and would always appreciate some like minded company while doing such. Maybe learn a few things from more seasoned ice fishers. I'm not afraid of driving and love trying waters that I haven't tried before. I don't even keep fish, so you wouldn't have to worry about me coming back and stealing all of your secret fish...lol Once things solidify better, I general go up to the 1000 islands area on a regular basis. If anyone would ever like to go up there with me, you are more than welcome. Just PM me and we can make plans once the ice is in.

mike
We do these every weekend...we call them fishing trips. :P This is MUCH more than that!  ;)

Offline wildlifecaretaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Jan 14, 2007, 08:58 PM »
We do these every weekend...we call them fishing trips. :P This is MUCH more than that!  ;)

lol....point taken basshead. Didn't really think about it like that....lol

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Jan 14, 2007, 09:01 PM »
Caretaker, i know your in cuse but if you ever come up to the northeast give me a PM, I'm always looking for people to go out with.

Matt

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #82 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:41 AM »
Alright guys, it's official!  The 2007 Adirondack Get-Together will be held at Schroon Lake on February 17th.  Here is some basic info regarding accomodations:
http://www.schroonlake.org/schroon_lake_accommodations.htm

Here's a map:
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/fish/lakemaps/schrnlkmap.pdf
We'll be going out from the north end...Unless someone has a good reason to fish elsewhere on the lake.  :) I like the north end because it has shallower flats for pike and panfish, as well as deeper water for lakers and salmon. Plus, there is supposed to be a lot of parking up there.

Let's keep this thread active.  Last year's event was a blast....Let's make this even better!

-Zach

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #83 on: Jan 24, 2007, 09:59 AM »
So nobody has anything to say or add right now?  ???

-Zach

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 24, 2007, 02:15 PM »
Sure I'll say something!!!!!
The North end seems o.k just based on parking alone.
Sounds like there will be enough of us with wheelers and sleds to do plenty of scouting and moving fishing areas if need be.
Only one thing left to cover now............everybo dy needs to make sure they bring enough red meat and beer, and for heaven's sake don't forget your bait.  ;D

Offline MACK_USCG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout Assassin!
« Reply #85 on: Jan 24, 2007, 02:44 PM »
I'll bring the strippers!  ;D 

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 24, 2007, 02:57 PM »
I'll bring the strippers!  ;D 
I've never seen a stripper willing to take it all off in 5 degree weather.
Better build a shanty with a pole in it :roflmao:

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Jan 24, 2007, 03:21 PM »
I've never seen a stripper willing to take it all off in 5 degree weather.
Better build a shanty with a pole in it :roflmao:
I was gonna say its awful comfy in my shanty, if the ladies need a place to perform ;)

I dont know what else to say Zack.... I will be there :P

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:04 PM »
see you mongrels there!

Offline bigcatch81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:13 PM »
I tell you what coldbum. I will hook my shanty to yours and it will be one big comfy place for the ladies.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.