New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Case Lake Ice Fishing Derby  (Read 15987 times)

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Case Lake Ice Fishing Derby
« Reply #60 on: Feb 09, 2006, 02:13 PM »
hey let me know if ther eis anything i can bring to the derby.  Never been to one like this before.  Got lucky and dont have to work sat so im in.  See you guys there.  Oh and what part of the lake is the reg. at?  And whe nthe rules say in live condition what does that entail?

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #61 on: Feb 09, 2006, 02:42 PM »
alive means still flopping so that its obviously alive. bring rods and tipups to catch fish and a bucket to keep them in until you get them measured. electronics are allowed so bring them to if you have them.  :tipup:
bring your wallet full of money so we can swindle you out of all your cash  ;D

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:21 PM »
the only swindeling of cash that is gonna happen is me swindeling yours... 8)

crowkiller

« Reply #63 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:24 PM »
ya a little 3 card monty

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #64 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:29 PM »
not mine, all the other participants maybe. good luck cause it sounds like some fierce competition.
 anyway glad your going to make it. introduce yourself in the morning, i'll be getting people registered , just ask for Tim. i'm looking forward to meeting a few more shanty members and some other members are going to meet by the check-in station at the lower parking lot.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #65 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:31 PM »
Does the trout have to come from Case or can it be a picture of one of the big ole lake trout I'm gonna catch on Saturday in the Adirondacks ??? ;D  I'll mail you the buck after you send me the winnings ::)

Make the drive BOB come on over and hang with some WNY boys. If you drive the fish here, clean it and cook it  100% your in. take the 90 to 400 to the 16 make a left in franklinville  Keep the points coming in for NY.
I'll give ya 20 bucks and a pat on the back, maybe even some venison sausage if your good.
I will also keep my eyes open for the pictures and points for NY. Cash that check.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:32 PM »
hey let me know if ther eis anything i can bring to the derby.  Never been to one like this before.  Got lucky and dont have to work sat so im in.  See you guys there.  Oh and what part of the lake is the reg. at?  And whe nthe rules say in live condition what does that entail?

MONEY AND BEER, you in buck a man???
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #67 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:39 PM »
hey buckski, i was talking with a guy today that told he got a 45" and a 52" pike out of quaker last year. we should hook up and try em' next w/e. let me know what you think. :tipup:

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Tim the big dog has spoken!!
I will have a sign in sheet for shanty guys, buck a man to the biggest fish by length!!!
CASE LAKE fish can be entered w/o a $25 annoyance fee!!! everyone else belly up!
I have a black FRABILL RANGER XL, one of the BEST HUTS EVER MADE!
See me in the AM
Rich Buck
PS I like LABATT BLUES OR JIM BEAM AND COKES!

Tim 100 % I want to test that lake with plenty of lines in the water, next weekend???????
I will start working on the wife now :roflmao:

Jean Cocteau

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #69 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:46 PM »
i'll start sweetenin' up the woman as well. mine i mean ;D

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Mines a fresh prego so no real hard work will be needed just some finess.
SOUNDS GOOD, FLAG

Jean Cocteau

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #71 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:58 PM »
i'll pm you middle of next week.
let the flags fly high  ;)2

Offline perchwisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 09, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Hooked really lookin forward to meeting you and the guys!!!My buddy ken is coming with me also.Never icefished case before should be interesting.Actually only fish 2 times in my life both when i was younger.Beer thirty!!!!!

crowkiller

« Reply #73 on: Feb 09, 2006, 04:47 PM »
im heading down there tomorow

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #74 on: Feb 09, 2006, 05:39 PM »
good deal, stop by the tent and say hi. :D

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 09, 2006, 05:59 PM »
There was open water in the middle for sure...

when? 6" one day open water the next and then back to 6" the following day, wierd ???
who was it that said it was all open when there were people were out on the lake earlier in the day fishing? people giving these dumb arse reports that dont get out of there cars and go out and check, water can be on the ice, it may look like open water but its onlyt a 1/4" of water on 6" of clear ice. people that give those reports screw up alot of people weekends because they are told its open water and scrap there fishing plans. please if your going to give a report get out of your car and go down on the ice, case wassnt open since dec. know what your talking about or dont give a report :tipup:

Offline KingFisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 09, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Has anyone been on the lake recently?

crowkiller

« Reply #77 on: Feb 09, 2006, 08:24 PM »
good deal, stop by the tent and say hi. :D
ill do that i have a black frabill hut

Offline hunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 09, 2006, 08:31 PM »
when? 6" one day open water the next and then back to 6" the following day, wierd ???
who was it that said it was all open when there were people were out on the lake earlier in the day fishing? people giving these dumb arse reports that dont get out of there cars and go out and check, water can be on the ice, it may look like open water but its onlyt a 1/4" of water on 6" of clear ice. people that give those reports screw up alot of people weekends because they are told its open water and scrap there fishing plans. please if your going to give a report get out of your car and go down on the ice, case wassnt open since dec. know what your talking about or dont give a report :tipup:

Arch i live across from the lake and have seen water in the middle of the lake and it may well be water standing on top of the ice. With that said there was no way to access the ice to verify due to massive melting of the shore ice. It rained like hell here Friday and sat last weekend and again on Sunday. I DO GET out of my truck and check things out and the ice was UNSAFE at that time. Now this week its been much colder last night was below zero and the snow continues tonight spotty but snowing none the less. I apologize if i upset you but name calling holds no merit with me.

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #79 on: Feb 09, 2006, 09:21 PM »
kingfisher1,
yes, people have been on the ice for the last 2 days though getting on is still a little shaky but getting better. beach area should be avoided as it was quite as of this morning yet and i would stay away from the creek channel all together because that was open water 3 days ago.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 10, 2006, 06:38 AM »
There was open water in the middle for sure...

i know where you live, you told me awhile ago, that was my point and you did say it was open for sure, not that you couldnt access it. the point is this is not the first time you said it was open, you once said it on a day a couple of us were out there on the ice, you live across the street yet you just look out you window, yet hookedonice lives down the street and d_balm and butterworm live around the corner and they can drive up there and walk out on the ice. dont forget i live 15 minutes away and drive by all the time, i get out and check the ice, and when you report its shot or all open water its just the first 3-4' of shore, you are screwing with people who want drive to case to fish but dont because they think there is no ice yet they hear the next day all the stories of others who caught fish out there? they were sitting home waiting for ice and now they are thinking gee how did they catch fish on case if theres no ice? DONT GUESS ON A REPORT.

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #81 on: Feb 10, 2006, 07:28 AM »
maybe a new thread should be started called false or inaccurate reports  :-\

Offline BASSMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Feb 10, 2006, 07:49 AM »
Does anyone know were to find a contour map of case or send me one. Thank you

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #83 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:18 AM »
i don't know as there is one cause i've been looking for years.  :-\
if you happen to find one let me know.
could probably get a topo map then get the elevation of the lake and then make your own.  ???

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #84 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:25 AM »
hey tim. howard has 1. he also has 1 of weedwood. he bought them at the machias surplus. i beleave they are hanging near the fishing supplies. at least thats where they were the last time i was in there.

Offline BASSMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:29 AM »
Has anyone been to machias surplus store lately it has changed alot

Offline hookedonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • is that the union hall
« Reply #86 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:40 AM »
i see that, they did away with the upstairs. i know it took me by surprise  :o

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #87 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:49 AM »
i think he has those maps at his camp. i'll ask him to bring them. yeah its pretty strange going in there now without the up stairs. they down sized alot and do not carry alot of items that they did in the past.

Offline BASSMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Feb 10, 2006, 09:45 AM »
do they still carry live bait and what?

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Feb 10, 2006, 10:47 AM »
I will be near the tent to register people for the buck a man early, Will be fishing all over the lake, make sure you see me to get in.
This will be just for trout!!!

Jean Cocteau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.