New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Western NY thread!  (Read 15990 times)

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Western NY thread!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 11, 2016, 02:02 PM »
I looked on the webcam for silver lake marina today and its still got ice on it. With a little bit of snow. If its not an option this weekend, it should be by the weekend after!

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2016, 02:09 PM »
Google WeatherBug Perry NY and you get a good shot of the lake from the cam at the bottom.

Offline Jaysrig

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HUSKER Nation on hard water GBR!!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2016, 02:30 PM »
I checked several small ponds and lakes around Corning this morning, and the edge ice got hammered, but it was trying to come back. If Ma Nature keeps the air conditioner on, I'm hoping by Friday the magic can happen. :P
Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory!

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2016, 02:35 PM »
I'm gonna check some small lakes out on Saturday here in southwestern NY. We might be able to get out this weekend, but I'd put my money on the weekend after.

Offline dabills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:14 PM »
I'm gonna check silver I'll let you all know what I find out.

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:26 PM »
Much appreciated!

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:13 PM »
Welp, they said we were gonna get a foot or more of snow today in Gowanda. We only got 3 inches. Hopefully they're wrong about the rest of the forecast too!

Offline TNT5859

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:26 PM »
I'm gonna check silver I'll let you all know what I find out.

hopefully Decent ice and not a lot of friggin snow!!

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:33 PM »
Agreed! I got a new lx-7 that's Calling my name!

Offline Jaysrig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:30 PM »
Dude you are going to love that 7 I got the 6 last year and had a blast with it.
Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory!

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:36 PM »
I can't stop messing with it. I've never owned any fish finder before. I've been messing with it on simulator. I love all the options it has. I figure I'll get to use it the weekend of the 23rd 24th. I can't wait

Offline dabills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:40 PM »
Well I checked out the ice on silver it's a no go right now. I checked by public beach crappy white ice couldn't even get on it's thin. Northern half of lake is locked up southern half is wide open. I think it'll be good by Monday that's my prediction. I can't wait I really can't lol.

Offline dabills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:43 PM »
I can't stop messing with it. I've never owned any fish finder before. I've been messing with it on simulator. I love all the options it has. I figure I'll get to use it the weekend of the 23rd 24th. I can't wait

Congrats on the new flasher. I have the lx5 and I love it. I wish it went deeper than 160 feet though. What's the lx7 max depth?

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:48 PM »
It makes out at 300. I can run vertical zoom, flasher, and chart display on 1 screen. And the extended forecast looks awesome. I think we'll be out in about 10-12 days on good ice. At least 5-6"

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:59 PM »
What do you guys think?

Offline IceBandit187

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:42 PM »
I think the weekend of the 24th will be make or break. If temps cooperate the last week of January we will have some good ice.

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:48 PM »
I'm confident we'll have good ice in about 2 weeks here

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:40 PM »
All I know is we better have ice by February. Or something is very very wrong.

Offline Jaysrig

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:31 PM »
It makes out at 300. I can run vertical zoom, flasher, and chart display on 1 screen. And the extended forecast looks awesome. I think we'll be out in about 10-12 days on good ice. At least 5-6"

Learn to use that chart display you will wonder how you ever fished without it. oh and play with the ice/open water setting it can help out quite a bit.

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:52 PM »
Yeah I've been playing with it quite a bit. Has quite a few settings so you can fine tune it for whatever situation you're in. I got sick of ice fishing blind. Figure now I can go on the water, find em and sit right on top of em. Can't wait to use it.

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 11, 2016, 11:22 PM »
Been watching the extended forecast like a hawk the past few days. It's looking real good. Figuring a good chunk of snow will get blown off, then I don't see temps over freezing for a few weeks. If we're not out by the 23rd, we'll be out the weekend after. Get ready. It's coming.

Offline builtright716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 12, 2016, 05:26 AM »
Me and a buddy are hitting Honeoye this Saturday. South End should be good. I'll post a report when we get back. The LX7 is the best. I was tempted to pull the trigger on one this year. The late ice made me keep the LX3 instead. >:(

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:36 AM »
Me and a buddy are hitting Honeoye this Saturday. South End should be good. I'll post a report when we get back. The LX7 is the best. I was tempted to pull the trigger on one this year. The late ice made me keep the LX3 instead. >:(

Yes please let us all know whats going on. i'm looking to get out somewhere, and willing to drive a little bit to fish.

Offline dabills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:39 AM »
Yes please let us all know whats going on. i'm looking to get out somewhere, and willing to drive a little bit to fish.

If it's good Saturday I'll probably be out the next 4 days I've got some vacation coming up.

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 12, 2016, 07:44 AM »
Same here. I work m-f 8-4 so i can only get out on weekends.. If this weekend is a no go, im pretty confident next weekend will be if the temps hold true. But i got about 12 days off in the middle of February so im happy ;)

Offline dabills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:32 AM »
I just posted this but thought I'd add it here too in case anyone was interested:

Does anyone want to trade access to a lake via private property for the same on a different lake? I have a cottage on silver lake and would be interested in doing this for any other lakes if anyone was interested.

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 12, 2016, 02:01 PM »
New albion ice looks alright. Not black or white. But grey. Enough to hold my wait. I went out to about a foot of water and held me fine. Gonna say at least 3-4 inches. If it don't get pounded with snow I may try to fish it this weekend. Bringing the auger/spud to check for sure on Saturday.

Offline Gowandafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 13, 2016, 10:24 AM »
Looked at the silver lake webcam and I see somebody out there!!!

Offline dabills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 13, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Yeahp they're out there. Wonder what access point that's near standpipe?

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #59 on: Jan 13, 2016, 10:31 AM »
You better hope this wind lays down. I live 10 minutes from honeoye and as of yesterday there was only ice to the launch and the waves were pounding it. Hope its good by saturday.
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.