New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Weird things on the ice!!!  (Read 13119 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: Weird things on the ice!!!
« Reply #90 on: Mar 09, 2009, 02:13 PM »
I caught a smaller one a few months ago that fell to the fillet knife as soon as it came off the ice. I'll post  some pics for proof... I know how you guys are ;D
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #91 on: Mar 09, 2009, 02:19 PM »
I believe you, I just thought that they are pretty cool and wanted to check it out.  I wouldn't think you would even have a reason to lie.

Offline Bassfishin1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin Till The Day I Die!
« Reply #92 on: Mar 10, 2009, 08:24 AM »
Here are 2 blue perch from the same lake, they look bluer in person.

You get a better perspective when they are in with normal yellow perch.
Its Just A Way Of Life, Some People Just Dont Understand.

Offline jeffd7766

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Mar 10, 2009, 08:49 AM »
i have caught a couple smaller ones out of collins before, pretty neat looking, would be cool to have in an aquarium

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #94 on: Mar 10, 2009, 11:46 AM »
You beat me to it Josh... I took these Sunday PM

Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pgachef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Mar 10, 2009, 07:56 PM »
Last week a plane landed then it drove around for awhile and did a nice air show..

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #96 on: Mar 11, 2009, 03:12 PM »
A few weeks ago I got a 8 inch  alwife  in my steel scooper it was laying flatside  in it I brought it up  straight up
      it was soul chicken  bait  & a few other guys wanted to see it  & it froze solid  along side my shanty  but they got to see it
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline mayhem2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Mar 12, 2009, 07:11 AM »
my brother-inlaw  jigged up a shinner this year at lonely and it was bigger than the pike bait we paid 10$ a dozen for.
a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #98 on: Mar 12, 2009, 09:05 AM »
Those blue perch are pretty cool ... seems people catch more and more of those these days.

Offline jeffd7766

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Mar 12, 2009, 09:28 AM »
yea sully......the ones who are ACTUALLY FISHING :laugh: ;D

Offline rjhulbert

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #100 on: Mar 16, 2009, 08:13 PM »
Was out friday for the last time and watched three deer run across the lake while the fourth kinda just did face plants and slid across was pretty funny to watch all though the deer was probably hurting when it got to land b/c it took some really hard hits never seen that before.
It's close

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Mar 17, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Was out friday for the last time and watched three deer run across the lake while the fourth kinda just did face plants and slid across was pretty funny to watch all though the deer was probably hurting when it got to land b/c it took some really hard hits never seen that before.
That's pretty cool. What lake were you at?  I was at Lake Luzerne Sunday and watched a snowmobiler sink his craft. They got it out and noone was hurt. That was the most excitement of the day. Only 2 Pike caught  around 25". It was cool to be ice fishing in sweatpants and a t-shirt tho!!!
EL CAPITANO !!!

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Mar 18, 2009, 06:57 AM »
nice perch

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #103 on: Mar 18, 2009, 11:11 PM »
i had a mink come steel a crappie i had lying on the ice less than 2' away from where i was sitting i never heard or saw him coming untill it was too late

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Mar 21, 2009, 01:25 AM »
Re: Weird things on the ice!!! ... Taxes???  I suppose catching an IRS agent under the ice would be still on subject ... and kinda weird too. ::)

I beleive those have strict rules in the Regulations that they are supposed to be killed and not returned to the water alive.
Don

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #105 on: Mar 23, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Five planes landed on Ice two weekends ago... The landing approach brought one in 20 feet over our heads!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #106 on: Mar 23, 2009, 06:27 PM »
oh yeah... the same body of water where the blue perch came from in the summer time

Offline fishermantim4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Apr 23, 2009, 07:00 PM »
im seeing a pattern with that lake over there..... and i believe non of us need to see the next set of pictures......... tell these animals to find some females ;D
WINDOW FISH!!!!!

Offline rocky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2009, 07:35 PM »
those are some neat cray fish do they glow in the dark as well?

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Jun 21, 2009, 06:48 PM »
Weird is my LIFE!!!

Overnight fishing on the Dead Sea two years ago- A noise woke me up. Turned on a light to see the roof of my cloth portable six inches from my face. Real bad snow storm collapsed the roof. Same trip- checked a trap, no flag, just bait check. In the dark, saw something strange / wrong / something flopping around. It was a dead bait. Put on the trifocals to see a 8" mudpuppy trying to swallow my bait. Not hooked & wouldn't let go of the bait. Had to yank him off the bait. Checking another trap, pulled up a catfish, also sucking on a bait, not hooked. Wouldn't let go. Also, no flag. Didn't know cats were in 'daga.

Last season, on 'daga, bad storm came up. Rained like crazy. Didn't see any leaks in the roof, but, at bed time, laid down on the bed, it was s sponge. Rough night in a chair. Two drunk snow mobliers stopped in the fog & rain to get directions. They didn't believe me when I told them they were near Wally World, as they had left the bar over an hour ago. Must have been riding in circles in the bad weather & dark.

Jigging on Fish Creek ('toga) this season, at sundown, caught a perch. Just as I was about to bring it through the hole, a really long dark green fish darted by the hole (???pike???) and SLAMED the perch. Still got the perch trough the ice,  most of it head was gone. Same trip, checking bait, no flag, brought up a dead pickerel. Same trip, got a flag, tried to pull the line in, seemed snagged on something. Fought it in. Got my line up, hook, bait & sinker in tact. But, another line was snagged on my hook. Pulled it in to find a pickerel hooked it the second line. Looked kind of skinny, must have been hooked a long time. A young fellow near me caught a nice pike. Two days latter, it was still flopping around on the ice. NO KIDDING! Had to knife that legless gator to kill him.

At the Northern Challenge, this year, before sacking out, dropped the fish cam down just to see what was around. A BIG catfish attacked my camera, tried to swallow it. I had to fight him for it. When he got within sight of the hole, he let go & was gone.

Be Well!
HWN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.