Author Topic: ice gear  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Jharlow

• IceShanty Rookie
ice gear
« on: Oct 03, 2011, 02:15 PM »
hey fellow fisher people just wondering where to get ice gear here in nova scotia i tried the standards ct and wally world. trying to get my hands on some cool stuff like vexliar or marcum or ht cant seem to find any in the city.i know its still early but nothing at all....cheers

Offline Jharlow

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ice gear
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2011, 02:18 PM »
also shiner and xbonesx your pics have got me chomping at the bit for some ice,great shots man we need to talk about them smelts there unreal cheers

Offline jonesy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2011, 06:49 AM »
Hi J, retailers here are really missing the boat or in this case the ice, in the past none have put anything on display until after Christmas and what they have is limited, that being said I find can-tire in Dartmouth crossing is your best bet.

surflizard

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2011, 07:48 AM »
I just received my Normark 6" Micro hand auger from Mercer Marine in Clarenville, they didn't have a lot of gear, but what they did have was reasonably priced, Good luck !

Offline skitterpop

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2011, 05:37 AM »
I have given up on local retailers when it comes to most fishing gear, but especially ice fishing gear.  I order what I want online at least there I can get what I want for a huge selection of goodies.  I know that the shipping is a killer for many, I generally try to get several other people in on the order and we split the shipping costs.  When that fails I write the cost off against living where I do.  I could live in Toronto and pay triple the amount of property taxes.

Offline Jharlow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2011, 09:56 PM »
 I have been looking for some gear, found a few things here and there picked up a jigawhopper  kit in walmart and ordered a shelter and new combo online ..now I just need some ice....

Offline Shienar

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EVERYONE GET BENT
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2011, 10:48 PM »
like jonesy said when they get their gear out dartmouth crossing has the best selection
but unless your ordering something huge its damn near cheaper to pay the shipping and order online

Offline Jharlow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2011, 10:31 PM »
There starting to stock now!!!walmart and Canadian tire are slowly putting out stuff,got a new rod,rod locker ,new jigs and spoons at ct in Moncton and some at Wally in Dartmouth ....come on ice!!!

Offline XBONESX

• IceShanty Rookie
  • THINKS EVERYONE SHOULD GET BENT!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2011, 08:09 AM »
Bring on the ICE!  =))

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.