Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699859 times)

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #11100 on: Feb 22, 2024, 04:26 PM »
Walmart has one of these clam legends left, just under $250 shipped
Somebody grab this before a reseller does
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clam-16849-Legend-XT-Thermal/1597106588

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11101 on: Feb 22, 2024, 05:16 PM »
I didn't dilly dally but was late to check the thread!!  Thanks for posting. That is a score! Hope some fellow members picked up the last couple.  I was a touch late.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11102 on: Feb 22, 2024, 05:28 PM »
I didn't dilly dally but was late to check the thread!!  Thanks for posting. That is a score! Hope some fellow members picked up the last couple.  I was a touch late.

When I was on there it only allowed 1 into the cart at that price,  I figured only one was left, I was close to buying it myself but not something I really need

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11103 on: Feb 22, 2024, 05:45 PM »
 ;D I've been waiting on my fairy godmother or maybe santa to bring me a eskimo wide one to augment  my qf3. But, thanks to jrjach I settled for what looks to be the last of the clam legends at the 228 price!! I'll likely not get it on the ice this season (got to 54 today) but ;D hey that'll give me time to trick it out! 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11104 on: Feb 22, 2024, 06:16 PM »
Once again I bring this up Home Depot may price match ...and free ship to store.. Find those end of season deals and use the chat function on HD product page .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11105 on: Feb 22, 2024, 06:39 PM »
:tipup:
 ;D I've been waiting on my fairy godmother or maybe santa to bring me a eskimo wide one to augment  my qf3. But, thanks to jrjach I settled for what looks to be the last of the clam legends at the 228 price!! I'll likely not get it on the ice this season (got to 54 today) but ;D hey that'll give me time to trick it out!

Good score!

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11106 on: Feb 22, 2024, 09:54 PM »
I saw them closing out all the Shimanos and Fleugers at the local Wally here on Friday, too. They must be gearing up for new models, or replacing those brands with something else soon.

They were already sold out of them in 2500 and 4000 here so I didn't end up buying any. They still had some 500 and 1000s left, but I'm not in need of any small reels atm.

In my walmart only the Shimano Sienna 500 and 4000 were on clearance. Maybe we were out of the Fluegers, I didn't check. Our Shimano 1000 and 2500 were normal price. I ended up with two 500's, and one 4000.
-Tom

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11107 on: Feb 23, 2024, 05:32 AM »
In my walmart only the Shimano Sienna 500 and 4000 were on clearance. Maybe we were out of the Fluegers, I didn't check. Our Shimano 1000 and 2500 were normal price. I ended up with two 500's, and one 4000.

I use 4000s on my river catfish and rough fish rigs, so I can always use a spare or two. I like the FX2500s for bowfin fishing swampy backwaters, that fast retrieve is great for pulling stuff over the tops of the weeds and slop without wearing your wrist out.

The FX and Siennas were both in the clearance aisle here, but they all sold out pretty quick. I was in there yesterday after work and the rest of the reels were gone.

*added*
They did have a fresh trash can full of clearance open water rods sitting by the sporting goods counter yesterday, but I'm not in need of any rods right now, so I didn't even have a look at what was in it.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11108 on: Feb 23, 2024, 03:27 PM »
I use 4000s on my river catfish and rough fish rigs, so I can always use a spare or two. I like the FX2500s for bowfin fishing swampy backwaters, that fast retrieve is great for pulling stuff over the tops of the weeds and slop without wearing your wrist out.

The FX and Siennas were both in the clearance aisle here, but they all sold out pretty quick. I was in there yesterday after work and the rest of the reels were gone.

*added*
They did have a fresh trash can full of clearance open water rods sitting by the sporting goods counter yesterday, but I'm not in need of any rods right now, so I didn't even have a look at what was in it.

Might be worth a look in that can of rods. Two years ago they did the same at my Walmart, I scored a few of the Ugly Stick catfish rods, and some long B'n'M crappie rods for $1 a piece. Kept 1 of each and gave the rest away to some buddies, made their day

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #11109 on: Feb 23, 2024, 03:59 PM »
Yup i scored the 7ft uglystick ugly cat rods for 6$ and a bunch of berkley big game catfish rods for 5$.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11110 on: Feb 23, 2024, 04:51 PM »
Might be worth a look in that can of rods. Two years ago they did the same at my Walmart, I scored a few of the Ugly Stick catfish rods, and some long B'n'M crappie rods for $1 a piece. Kept 1 of each and gave the rest away to some buddies, made their day

I guess I should have looked closer. I could definitely use a couple loaner rods for kids and such.
-Tom

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11111 on: Feb 23, 2024, 06:23 PM »
I don't like clutter, so I usually only keep the rods I use plus a spare or maybe 2. 🤷‍♂️

I actually sold off a few rods last year because I wasn't using them anymore. I do always keep few spare reels on hand, though. I've broken a lot more of them then I ever have rods.

Yup i scored the 7ft uglystick ugly cat rods for 6$ and a bunch of berkley big game catfish rods for 5$.

I have a few of the Big Games, but they're the old 6 foot and 6'6" mediums that they quit making quite a few years ago. They're my favorites for stinkbait rigs.

Offline Butkus51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11112 on: Feb 24, 2024, 07:26 AM »
FishUSA is having a clearance blowout sale that includes ice fishing gear. Many good deals.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11113 on: Feb 24, 2024, 09:37 AM »
FishUSA is having a clearance blowout sale that includes ice fishing gear. Many good deals.

A lot of it is only 10-20% off it seems. Definitely shop around ex - There striker predators bibs are "on sale" for $218, those should be a $150ish buy for year end sale. I bought a different brand bibs for 50% yesterday. I saw a strikemaster lite flite bit going for $100 a few weeks ago, sold immediately  ;D

While stock is going as a lot of these sales have been going on for awhile places to check with great prices -
Thorn Bros, Pro Fish Supply, Franks Great Outdoors, Up North Sports, Blaine's Farm and Fleet, Vandam warehouse, Scheels. Walk into your local fleet farm or shop as many discount items in store only EX- the walmart spring fishing clearance sale that is happening across the US. lot of lures and bass plastics getting bought for $1.50-$3 more than half off.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11114 on: Feb 24, 2024, 09:41 AM »
Forgot one-
Fish307 50% but that started 2 weeks ago?
*edit you have to add items to the cart for prices to show.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11117 on: Feb 26, 2024, 08:10 AM »

Awesome, I'm glad someone was able to take advantage that wasn't a reseller just looking to turn it around for a quick buck. To be honest, part of the reason I posted that was so that I wouldn't buy it myself ha ha, it was so tempting at that price. It's probably nicer than the one I have, but mine (Blazer Stealth) is still in mint condition, and it's roomy, nice and light, etc. I'm trying to follow the "buy the item, not the deal" advise someone in car sales gave me, while the Legend would have been nice, just not what I need right now. I hope you enjoy it!

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11118 on: Feb 27, 2024, 06:33 AM »

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11119 on: Feb 28, 2024, 08:37 AM »
Field Supply is having an inventory reduction sale- the foam jacket and pants look interesting. $16 Maybe for late ice? Some flotation without the weight of a float suit.

https://www.fieldsupply.com/everything-must-go-0227.html

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #11120 on: Feb 28, 2024, 08:53 PM »
Hand Held Pole like a Marsh Pole
Walmart
Mini Ice Fishing Rod with Pole Tip Outdoor Winter Fish Tackle (Blue 130mm)
$8.70/EA
Qty: 2

These poles are great for fishing on a small pond for bluegills. I bought a Marmish pole at $20 for my son 20 years ago and we loved it.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11121 on: Feb 29, 2024, 06:38 AM »
Mini Ice Fishing Rod with Pole Tip Outdoor Winter Fish Tackle (Blue 130mm) https://www.walmart.com/ip/202777245

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11124 on: Mar 05, 2024, 05:54 AM »
I don't know if it is just our store, or the whole chain, but Runnings has 20% of all ice fishing gear here right now.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11125 on: Mar 05, 2024, 11:06 PM »
I don't know if it is just our store, or the whole chain, but Runnings has 20% of all ice fishing gear here right now.

It's ours too, although not all gear. Mostly smaller stuff, jigs, rods, reels, etc. Ice augers are marked down a ton. I think ours is sold out now, but the new Eskimo E40 auger was like $375. Ice shelters appear to be all over the place, some cheap, some still rip offs.
-Tom

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11127 on: Mar 07, 2024, 07:46 AM »
It's ours too, although not all gear. Mostly smaller stuff, jigs, rods, reels, etc. Ice augers are marked down a ton. I think ours is sold out now, but the new Eskimo E40 auger was like $375. Ice shelters appear to be all over the place, some cheap, some still rip offs.

Ours just opened fairly recently, so they didn't have a lot of ice gear for this season anyway.

They bought out another chain and rebranded the stores to Runnings, so a lot of what they had out for ice stuff was just the old stock from the previous ownership. The hunting/shooting and open water selection is much improved, so I imagine the ice fishing stock will be much better next fall/winter.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #11129 on: Mar 09, 2024, 04:37 PM »
I bought a fishing magnet and a grappling hook from Brutemagnetics.com They offer 10% off first order and there are other deals on YouTube.com
AKA Dinkmaster

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.