Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1700147 times)

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #8490 on: Aug 15, 2021, 07:36 AM »
Darn, I’ve been watching for them too. None at my store, and you’re 2000 miles away. Guess I’ll still be watching.

Offline kyl_me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8491 on: Aug 15, 2021, 06:22 PM »
Had one of the flame king tanks start flaming while running by buddy heater. Lucky it didn’t catch my flip over on fire. When I hooked it back up I could hear it leaking. First time I had used it.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8492 on: Aug 15, 2021, 09:11 PM »
Had one of the flame king tanks start flaming while running by buddy heater. Lucky it didn’t catch my flip over on fire. When I hooked it back up I could hear it leaking. First time I had used it.

Did you have the bleed valve close completely?

I do a lot of refilling and even use the old green bombs once in awhile if I find empty ones in good shape.

The flame king refillable 1# tanks are so worth the money over refilling green bombs. The valve to open/close for bleeding the tank is the nuts, and so much simpler then trying to bleed the green bombs to get them full.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8493 on: Aug 16, 2021, 10:41 AM »
Scheels free shipping today
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8497 on: Aug 17, 2021, 09:13 AM »
Why don’t they list torque #’s?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8498 on: Aug 17, 2021, 09:52 AM »
Why don’t they list torque #’s?

Dewalt uses UWO as their measurement..not sur why ..100 UWO equals approximately  100 in/lbs( 100 in/lbs per inch diameter of auger drill diameter is recommended) ..both drills listed in my post are good for a cordless set up . I had a chance to use a Dewalt DCD996 w/6ah Flexvolt battery ..that thing cut and worked awesome ..I also seen the 996 cut with a 4ah XR battery ..there was a difference in performance ...did the job though . the DCD998 is the newest it girl ...when paired with a Flexvolt battery it bumps up the torque.

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8499 on: Aug 17, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Dewalt uses UWO as their measurement..not sur why ..100 UWO equals approximately  100 in/lbs( 100 in/lbs per inch diameter of auger drill diameter is recommended) ..both drills listed in my post are good for a cordless set up . I had a chance to use a Dewalt DCD996 w/6ah Flexvolt battery ..that thing cut and worked awesome ..I also seen the 996 cut with a 4ah XR battery ..there was a difference in performance ...did the job though . the DCD998 is the newest it girl ...when paired with a Flexvolt battery it bumps up the torque.

I got the 998 last summer after my wife killed my old crappy cordless drill. Told her I "needed the bigger drill for work around the house". It came with an 8ah XR battery. Unfortunately I only got out a few times last year but the drill turned my old mora auger like the ice was not there. Punched a fair number of holes on a few of the days with zero problems. I definitely want to get a new auger with a centering point so the auger doesn't walk on me.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8500 on: Aug 17, 2021, 10:12 AM »
I got the 998 last summer after my wife killed my old crappy cordless drill. Told her I "needed the bigger drill for work around the house". It came with an 8ah XR battery. Unfortunately I only got out a few times last year but the drill turned my old mora auger like the ice was not there. Punched a fair number of holes on a few of the days with zero problems. I definitely want to get a new auger with a centering point so the auger doesn't walk on me.

I am a Milwaukee fanboy ...got to say them higher UWO Dewalts are nothing to sneeze at for sure ..

Offline Garrett

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8501 on: Aug 17, 2021, 02:51 PM »

Offline kyl_me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8502 on: Aug 17, 2021, 03:35 PM »
Did you have the bleed valve close completely?

I do a lot of refilling and even use the old green bombs once in awhile if I find empty ones in good shape.

The flame king refillable 1# tanks are so worth the money over refilling green bombs. The valve to open/close for bleeding the tank is the nuts, and so much simpler then trying to bleed the green bombs to get them full.

I believe the bleed valve was closed as I assume the tank would have been leaking before being used if it was not closed. After the fact, I hooked the tank back up and could hear a slight hiss. I have other tanks and that one is no longer in use.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8503 on: Aug 18, 2021, 03:04 PM »
Hitachi / Metabo HPT DS18DBL2P4 18V Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2" Driver/Drill (Tool Only) use code HPT50 for $50 off $150 or more

https://www.toolbarn.com/hitachi-ds18dbl2p4.html/

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8504 on: Aug 18, 2021, 07:07 PM »
HD, you can buy most name brands for that price on tool only. Why chance it’s?

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8505 on: Aug 19, 2021, 06:46 AM »
Hitachi is a name brand 🤨 They've been around quite a while, and sold at a lot of different stores/chains.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8506 on: Aug 19, 2021, 07:22 AM »
As a retired contractor I can give praise for Metabo corded tools as I have used them for years and they are tough as nails and all still working perfect. I know absolutely nothing about the Hitachi/Metabo connection or how any of their battery powered tools fare. A while back I was gifted an assortment of 18V Ryobi drills and drivers in a kit and can honestly say they are garbage. Since I began buying Milwaukee 18V tools I have remained totally impressed. I just finished a home project building a couple pieces of furniture, stereo rack and wine cabinet and the tools I used were Milwaukee, Bosch and Porter Cable and all worked flawlessly. At one point I used the Ryobi drill with a fresh battery and a 1 1/2" forstner drill bit and I made it through just one hole before the drill self destructed and went in the trash. For use as an auger drill you can either do it right the first time or you get to do it twice IMO.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8507 on: Aug 19, 2021, 07:29 AM »
Hitachi has been around since 1948.  I used them back in the 70's. Very durable.
<===Lefty===

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8508 on: Aug 19, 2021, 09:33 AM »
Lowrance HOOK² 7 with SplitShot Transducer and US Inland Maps…$299.99
https://www.scheels.com/p/lowrance-hook²-7-with-splitshot-transducer-and-us-inland-maps/42300053630.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwgviIBhBkEiwA10D2j3Eb8CFChmkKVjMzgLNoaZQ3hDJB8t9tCEsfvR6qrmCHsZOe_VzjSxoCqNwQAvD_BwE

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8509 on: Aug 19, 2021, 09:37 AM »
Lowrance HOOK² 7 with SplitShot Transducer and US Inland Maps…$299.99 https://www.scheels.com/p/lowrance-hook²-7-with-splitshot-transducer-and-us-inland-maps/42300053630.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwgviIBhBkEiwA10D2j3Eb8CFChmkKVjMzgLNoaZQ3hDJB8t9tCEsfvR6qrmCHsZOe_VzjSxoCqNwQAvD_BwE

https://www.scheels.com/p/lowrance-hook%C2%B2-7-with-splitshot-transducer-and-us-inland-maps/42300053630.html

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8510 on: Aug 19, 2021, 09:39 AM »
Thanks HD. Not sure why I couldn’t get the attachment the paste correctly.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8511 on: Aug 19, 2021, 10:33 AM »
Acme tools Dewalt flash sale

Purchase $149+ of select DEWALT and save $15 instantly in your shopping cart or purchase $249+ and Save $30 or $349+ and Save $50! Discount will automatically be applied to your shopping cart with qualifying order. Expires August 20, 2021 or while supplies last.

This discount may not freely combine with other special offers. The best combination allowed will be determined automatically for each order at the checkout

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dcd998w1

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dcd999t1

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dcd991p2

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8513 on: Aug 20, 2021, 08:31 AM »
7 HP Kohler engine- would make a nice engine for a snow dog build- Tractor supply through Slickdeals- $125 (YMMV)

https://slickdeals.net/f/15231259-kohler-7hp-command-pro-engine-ch270-tractor-supply-125-ymmv-b-m?src=frontpage

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8514 on: Aug 21, 2021, 07:24 AM »
This looks very similar to the HT E-Drill and the  the Nordic Legend augers

Vevor ..this may fit someones needs/budget

sold by Amazon and a 3rd party(with $20 off coupon)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BDT65GS/ref=emc_b_5_i

https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Diameter-Adjustable-Extension-Replaceable/dp/B09BDT65GS/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=ice+auger&m=A2HED9DYJHJBSJ&qid=1629548013&s=merchant-items&sr=1-2

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8516 on: Aug 22, 2021, 07:32 AM »
That's a smoking deal for a $500 engine! Good find!

7 HP Kohler engine- would make a nice engine for a snow dog build- Tractor supply through Slickdeals- $125 (YMMV)

https://slickdeals.net/f/15231259-kohler-7hp-command-pro-engine-ch270-tractor-supply-125-ymmv-b-m?src=frontpage
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8518 on: Aug 23, 2021, 01:13 PM »
Multi colored LED USB lights w/15% off coupon ..I have a set and the work well ..EZPZ to put up and take down

https://www.amazon.com/Dust2Oasis-Camping-Portable-Outdoor-Emergencies/dp/B07CBJBLRG?th=1&psc=1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.