The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Best day so far.  (Read 1629 times)

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Best day so far.
« on: Mar 11, 2018, 05:32 PM »
  It has been a busy winter for me. Today was only the third time I was able to make it out on the ice. I went once in February and the fishing was very slow. Then I finally made it out again last week but once again the fishing was very slow.  Today the little fishing almanac app I have said it was a poor day for fishing. I went out in hopes that it was wrong.  Turns out it was. Caught fish pretty steady all morning. Best bite I have been on in a while. The only problem was, 90% of the Crappie caught were 8 inches or smaller. Every now and again once you sorted through a few small ones, a keeper would show up. This is strange for this spot. It is my go to spot when I want to make sure I come home with fish and I have never caught small fish there.  Usually all Crappie are around 11 to 14 inches.  We did manage a few to bring home. My buddy caught the biggest one at 14 inches. I didn't get a pic of that. My biggest came in at 13 inches and my smallest keeper at 10. Had a nice White Perch join the mix around noon time. Hopefully I can get in another trip before things get sketchy.

Should make for a nice meal.

This is my first time posting since the new way to add pictures. Great job to the person responsible for the new feature. Makes this a breeze.  :tipup:

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
Re: Best day so far.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2018, 05:42 PM »
Nice haul FF, glad you got some downtime to get out on the ice. Great pics
May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others and let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung,
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung.
May you stay forever young.

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2018, 06:10 PM »
Nice haul, the last pic looks tasty.

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Artie, Good to see you back in the game. Nice fillet's.
You are right the picture posting is easier now. The pic’s are not as clear as photosucket but free!I am all for that.

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2018, 06:52 PM »
Looks like a nice day!  Glad you got into a solid bite. 

I've only been out on the ice a couple times also.  Nothing to write home about.

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Keep all the big ones end up with a lot of small ones

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2018, 02:59 PM »
Good to see you on them Artie, you've been quiet on the fish catching part of IS. If you was where I think you might have been, very surprising you didn't get the big ones. We only keep enough for a meal and I've never seen anyone else around those trees. I did hit the whites good last summer, just behind that small island before our spot.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2018, 06:57 PM »
Good to see you on them Artie, you've been quiet on the fish catching part of IS. If you was where I think you might have been, very surprising you didn't get the big ones. We only keep enough for a meal and I've never seen anyone else around those trees. I did hit the whites good last summer, just behind that small island before our spot.

I was actually fishing just down the road, the smaller pond.  I did go to the other place last weekend but I am always on foot and getting out to the good fishing is a further walk than I care for.  I only keep enough for a meal for the family myself.  No danger of me fishing a place out, I'm just not that good of a fisherman.

Offline stickbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2018, 10:00 AM »
Nothing wrong with those!! Glad you were able to make it out.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2018, 11:07 AM »
nice fish!
glad you like the mod i found for scott to implement for all of us.

most us flat landers have been with out ice for over 3 weeks now :( so catch some for us!

Artie, Good to see you back in the game. Nice fillet's.
You are right the picture posting is easier now. The pic’s are not as clear as photosucket but free!I am all for that.

if you click on an image posted, it will load on another site. if you click on the image on the other site it will zoom in most times (depends on if it was resized or not before posting). the idea is for this site to load fast with thumb nail sized images.
you can save images and when you save the topic as an html it will keep the thumb nails images with it. photobucket did not allow this. it's great for archiving web pages.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.