Author Topic: First Ice Pike Trip Of The Year: Modest Success  (Read 1552 times)

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
First Ice Pike Trip Of The Year: Modest Success
« on: Dec 28, 2004, 07:55 PM »
Well I went ice piking on Monday and managed to land one on my windlass tip up, tipped with a 6" whole dead anchovy. First ice pike for me in several years. He was on the bottom in 11 feet of water near a rocky bar. He was only 23", but still a pike on ice.
My brother also landed a 24" pike on a small white shrimpo jig tipped with a waxworm for perch. He also had 3 or 4 bite him off when he was jigging. We also had 5 other flags, all on 5" live perch.
Ice pike are so difficult in Colorado, any amount of pike in a day is a success. But this is the only lake in Colorado I have ever iced a pike before. But I think I found a good location on a good lake. Fishing was still almost dead for them, but we had some success. We also landed about 100 perch with a few 10" plus jumbos, though most were  about 7". We also landed a few slab crappie that came in higher on our sonars than the perch. Great day of fishing. Will post pics.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.