Author Topic: Blade Baits  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Blade Baits
« on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:11 PM »
Who has used blade baits through the ice, and how do they work? Was considering trying some but not sure what ones to get. I really like the color patterns of the ones from Bfishn. What's your thoughts and or opinions on them. Thanks.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Blade Baits
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:53 PM »
try sebile vibrato

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2019, 01:22 PM »

There's always the original Cicada blade.

Then ther's this, Damiki Vault - it's a bass lure, but excellent vibe

For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2019, 01:51 PM »
Thanks I will have to try it this season
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Yes I have and they work well. I like the smaller 3/16 size, but the 1/4 will work fine too if walleye are more aggressive. I use LPO blades but bfishn work too, they just dont have 3/16.

Snap it up so it vibrates to bring in fish, then just rock it by slowly rising and dropping the tip. Test in a hole before you drop it down. If the fish turn and start to go away, give it a quick snap and go up about a foot then go back to rocking.

I use these, you'll need #1 split rings and #10 short shank treble hooks (I use vmc 9650) for the 3/16 size. For 1/4 I use #2 rings and #8 short shank hooks.

blades http://www.lurepartsonline.com/Online-Store/Blade-Baits/V-Blade-Baits.html
rings http://www.lurepartsonline.com/Online-Store/Split-Rings-Pliers/Stainless-Steel-Split-Rings.html

Unfortunately they don't sell the hooks you need currently. I buy them from fishusa https://www.fishusa.com/product/VMC-9650-Round-Bend-Treble-Hooks
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Thanks a bunch Kevin23

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2019, 12:53 PM »
I use the 5/8 ounce bass pro XPS blade baits constantly through the ice. 6lb braid with a snap to the front or middle hole. Pound the bottom  then snap it up a few times. Raise it a few feet off the bottom and once you get them interested keep raising it til the hit. I've tried others but the XPS is my go to. Walleye and perch in 15-35' of water typically. Braid is the key and I usually tie direct with no leader. Oneida Lake in NY. I always have a dead stick too and some days the blade brings them in but the minnow rod does the damage. I bought a few sabiles and open and frozen water I have not caught a fish on them. No idea why but just no luck.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2019, 01:08 PM »
what color do you like?

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2019, 02:01 PM »
Just bought a few blades by venom lures

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2019, 02:20 PM »
I use the Captain Jay's and have had pretty good success with them, but mainly at first and last ice.  In addition to using braid, I also prefer a sturdy rod with some backbone when I use them.

Offline Ramp 23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2019, 03:22 PM »
Cicadas have worked for me , eyes seem to like them

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2019, 10:14 PM »

Finally got a pic of the blades I was talking about. In my shad pattern.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2019, 05:11 PM »
 I also use 5/8 oz , my bud has a mold I supply the blades and he pours , no ring just split shank hooks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.