The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: 1st Post of Season  (Read 792 times)

Offline wyiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag Up!!
1st Post of Season
« on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:44 PM »
I'm gettin itchy - I'm looking forward to another year on the hard water - I'll be heading to check the status on Pathfinder in the next few days - I'll post what I find.  I really hope the higher water level will help keep the sand out of the ice.  I know there is a lot more vegitation under the water this year - should be better fishing.  Last year the ice fishing was terrible there- between the sand in the ice eating your auger blades, and the lack of habitat, even days without wind sucked.  Boysen will most likely still be the place to go - variety and size of species is phenominal, not to mention the wind is usually calm, comparatively.  Does anybody with any info on the ice at Boysen?  Also, has Ocean Lake gained any water level this year,  the last few years the ice fishing has fallen off there, a lot of the regulars there started going to Boysen.  Posts to say hey and/or to add any info on any Wyoming lakes are welcome and encouraged.
See you on the ice,
Wyiceman
wishin I was ice fishin

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
Re: 1st Post of Season
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Hey wyiceman,I was just out at Pathy yesterday to take a look,The whole lake is capped and looking awesome.as smooth as I ever saw it.I drilled some holes right at the end of the boat ramp at weis and there was only about 3" of ice.I only went out about 20' cuz I am kinda of a big guy and thin ice makes me nervous.I fished for about 3 hours there with only 2 tipups out and had only 1 flag-no fish but the one flag was enough to get the blood pumping.I drove over to Bishops on the west side of the boat ramp and the ice was about the same there.I didnt even mess with it.I was the only one out there so that makes me nervouse to on thin ice.I would guess by this weekend there will be plenty of ice and more people out.
laters
Randy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.