Author Topic: Wolf story  (Read 1350 times)

Offline campingfoool

• IceShanty Rookie
Wolf story
« on: Dec 22, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Speaking of wolves...

I was up at Clunie on Ft Rich on the Tues before Thanksgiving and the wolves were howling up a storm for about 2-3 minutes at me and my lab. I thought it was mushers and just didin't get to see them and it wasn't until the newpaper article came out that I decided that from now on I'd better trust my instinct. My Dad says your instinct is God's way of saying watchout.  Read on  - At first when they started howling I thought it was some mushers coming by from beach lake which they do a lot in that area. I never saw them and my initial instinct was up and i felt the hair standing up on my neck. I couldn't figure out why my guard was up. Just a bunch of dogs right? They never came out but my lab acted funny too. He's smart. He just sat beside me and watched towards the howling. He didn't get up and start wagging his tail and get excited like he did last year when the mushers would go riding by us training their dogs. The howling started out on the edge of the lake and stopped abruptly. It didn't fade out like when the dogs come and go. I was up there again last Fri and there was a lot of tracks around. Very fresh. Be aware! I went back but I took pepper spray. Might take my shotgun next time and do some rabbit hunting. I kept my dog on a lead last time. He's handy to have around just because he has better ears. I watch him a lot. Even if he is a house dog..ha.

Oh yea - the fishing was great!

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
Re: Wolf story
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Wolves-schmolves!!!  My hair stands on end when my wife howls at me! 

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2007, 05:20 PM »
Wolves-schmolves!!!  My hair stands on end when my wife howls at me! 

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I think most of us know that feeling  ::)

Offline FrankAk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2007, 08:09 PM »
Is this the beach lake there in eagle river?

Offline Hungry4Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 09:04 PM »
.....Oh yea - the fishing was great!

Anything of any size?

There used to be lake trout in Clunie. Is that what you were catching?

Offline campingfoool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:36 AM »
I was fishing at Clunie and most of the trout where small recently stocked rainbows.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.