Author Topic: East trout/little bear  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Scrunt

• IceShanty Rookie
East trout/little bear
« on: Jan 02, 2022, 11:21 AM »
Hey team I was wondering if anyone had a ice condition report for either east trout or little bear? I had messaged eagle bay up at east trout and they said they haven’t even seen a sled track on either ET or Nip. I’ve got a feeling there’s going to be some bad flood water on some lakes this year due to heavy and early snow. Any report, including a fishing update would be awesome. Thanks boys.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: East trout/little bear
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2022, 02:53 PM »
 For what it's worth, I was up that way first weekend in December and folks were saying whiteswan was still wide open.   So the first 2 good dumps of snow hit water not ice.  Not sure if it was the same at east trout but it's something!  Still think slush will be bad this winter.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2022, 07:46 AM »
For what it's worth, I was up that way first weekend in December and folks were saying whiteswan was still wide open.   So the first 2 good dumps of snow hit water not ice.  Not sure if it was the same at east trout but it's something!  Still think slush will be bad this winter.

spoke to a fisherman on ws- he said was having trouble pn and off with water under snow freezing his shack down every so often- said its not an easy fishing winter this year.  between the high water in that area and the snow base off the start it would make for a mess.  Just imagine when the snow starts to melt in that area and the water comes back into the lake

Offline Scrunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2022, 09:56 AM »
Ya it definitely isn’t going to be smooth sailing on a lot of lakes this year. Going to have to be careful and prepared when venturing out.

Offline ochocenko

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2022, 02:13 PM »
just got back from east trout/np... they weren't lying. there wasnt much for tracks on the lake. i was up there when the lake froze November 21/22 and there was an easy foot on the ground, but there's close to 2 or 3 in places now. The lake would have got a significant dump on reasonably fresh ice.

I can't confirm finding any slush on the ice as I wasn't about to try in -40, but there were reports of people finding some earlier. Heard the same on WS.

Offline EVAN NIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2022, 05:01 PM »
this may be a rookie question, which i am not. however, i am a rookie to ice conditions like this. can any one explain to me what your discussing and what the issues are you have with slush ice and heavy early snow.. id appreciate it, ive always wondered what the problem is. also , im wanting to get on to a whiteswan soon so this may help me out. thanks in advance..!

Offline EVAN NIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2022, 05:11 PM »
never mind.. found some info. Gross,

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2022, 05:20 PM »
 weight of snow pushes ice down, ice cracks and water comes up.  more snow falls on top and insulates the water, takes forever to freeze even at these temperatures.  been a while since a bad slush year but this could be one on certain lakes.  recipe for a heart attack once your snow machine is stuck.  stay safe.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2022, 11:48 AM »
getting into bad slush conditions is no joke   it really is a nightmare looking behind and seeing the snow turn to slush and water.  It can make for bad bad conditions and a lonnnngggg day fast

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.