Author Topic: How many people are getting ready  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Pat

• Team IceShanty Regular
How many people are getting ready
« on: Sep 22, 2005, 08:02 PM »
I can't wait for a new season

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Re: How many people are getting ready
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2005, 01:36 AM »
Hi Pat, welcome to the ice shanty Sask, style. I hope for a few more days for some open water fishing, probably one more trip. I am also getting ready for the new hard water season, all the gear is comming out of storage, knots re-tied, hooks sharpened, lines tested, auger checked, new strategies made, and lakes selected.
Good luck this season.
>*})))><

WW

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Already fixing a few things on our Shanty, can't wait for December :tipup:

Few more open water trips hopefully before freeze up.

APU
MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2005, 08:52 PM »
hey WW and APU......please.....th ere's a ton of great outdoor anglers on this board........and it takes patience...and dedication to keep on posting even if you dont get responses at first....thats how the Manitoba board grew........keep it up buds.......and good luck for the upcoming hardwater season...may your lines be sizzling and snapping every now and then....Grump ;D ;D

Offline trev.357

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2005, 10:46 PM »
you bet I'm getting ready in between hunting that is.I'm really looking forward to the new camper shanty i got after all the hassle last year with my hardside .now i got two 15000 BTU furnace's  a 10000 BTU Mr.heater and a Coleman black cat just in case any fail. two new 700 amp  power packs that makes 3 . i just love those things. a new 12v 13watt florescent light . two new axle jacks for the camper to stabilize it. a 7inch portable tv/dvd player. new chimney elbow's for the stove ,new tape to tape the joints. and I'm bound and determined to catch a fish this year instead of trying to fix a heater and freezing to death, digging out of a snow bank and freezing to death, breaking my truck and freezing to death .

Offline buzzbomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2005, 03:22 PM »
I don't have anything to get ready, I just have to pick up the pail and go.....  Usually I get out for a little while on the first ice when I'm still deer hunting.  I'll go pick up my mail and check my place at the beach and when I see my neighbor fishing in front of his house I'll take a rod and go catch up on the gossip. 
The problem with quotes on the internet is that they're difficult to prove.
Abraham Lincoln, 1866

NipawinFisherman

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2005, 06:29 PM »
I personally cant wait. USually in mid-november when theres jsut enough ice to walk on gently, we go up to Pine Lake or Nipawin Lake and catch some nice brookies. Then when its time to put the ice shack out, its on Tobin and weve had really good success the last couple years.

Anyways, cant wait.

Offline Pat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Can't wait for the ice....
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Fresh paint on the old homestead  ;D New line on the reels  ;D Picked a few of those magical hooks that more than likely look better to me than to the fish, but bought them anyway  ;D Now just need the bait and a few days of -40 to firm up the water  ;)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2005, 10:09 PM »
Welcome everyone, Good ice fishing.

:tipup:    +   >*)}}}}>{  =    :thumbsup:

WW

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2005, 03:38 PM »
Good to see you sask. ice maniacs are rarin to get on the ice too...hope to see some monster pike and eyes this winter!!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2005, 10:22 AM »
NipawinFisherman,  where about do you place your shack on tobin? I was fishing the river this weekend and we ventured to Tobin lake Resort area and found some insane drop-offs and great structure, sure would be a great place for a shack.

Offline dsmatuska

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Lucky Man.
« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2005, 10:34 AM »
The water's cold but not hard in Pine City, MN.  (and I'm getting ready.)
I CAN clean fish.  My wife, on the other hand, prides herself in the art of filleting fish.  I mean to tell you, she can fillet ANYTHING, therefore I call myself "The Lucky Man."

NipawinFisherman

« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Hi APU GARCIA,

We have put our shack out at Gingerras flats or Wards (Its known by different names to different people) and have fairly good success until after the start of January and then it tapers off. We are thinking of putting our ice shack by the Tobin Lake resort this year after Wards tapers off.

NipawinFisherman,  where about do you place your shack on tobin? I was fishing the river this weekend and we ventured to Tobin lake Resort area and found some insane drop-offs and great structure, sure would be a great place for a shack.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2005, 12:41 AM »
 I sure would like to give Tobin lake a try at least once this ice fishing season. I was ice fishing there when I was younger, and had great success for the pike. Most of them were 3-4 lbs but several were 12-13lbs, great fun I was with 2 other and we had triple and double header fishing, you would run get the fish in, turn around and boom another fish on. Insane action, never had it that good ice fishing. The wild part was we were in 3 feet of water, the fish had no were to go but out for long runs.
 When is it the best time {as in month} to plan an ice fishing trip to Tobin, and have any of you ever caught any burbot on Tobin? :woot:

WW

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #14 on: Oct 26, 2005, 11:45 AM »
I saw a guy catch a 8 lb. Burbot there on the weekend, but it was at the south dam, probably not a safe place to be on the ice.

NipawinFisherman

« Reply #15 on: Oct 26, 2005, 11:03 PM »
Hi Water Wolf,

I live 20 minutes away from Tobin lake so ive fished all over the lake at different times. The best month seems to be late december early january or march. At least thats when some of the insane action for me has happened. The good thing about Tobin is that your pretty much guareented your going to catch a "bigger than normal" fish.

Ill be posting pictures and locations of where we ice fish from this winter. We go every weekend so i should have a quite a few hopefully.

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #16 on: Nov 06, 2005, 04:58 PM »
How much snow is on the ground around nipawin???

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 06, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Hi Guys & Gals:
    I found my way back to this site after being away from it for the summer-funny, I never thought about it all summer, now I know I will be hooked for the winter......I must be seasonally addicted to this forum.
  I was in Wally-World yesterday and being as they have their ice fishing stuff out, thought I needed a few more things(Heaven knows I don't have enough). I still hope to build a new shack for this year and am really looking forward to taking my grandson out for his first ice-fishing experience.
  Yeah!-I've definitely got the bug again....hope everyone has a great year.
Tombo

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 07, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Welcome back Tombo. Yeah the hard water bug is back again, lets hope we can get out there soon.
Good Fishing this season. :)

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.