Author Topic: Garmin 73cv with out panoptix  (Read 869 times)

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Garmin 73cv with out panoptix
« on: Jan 01, 2020, 01:08 PM »
Anyone use this set up? thinkig of picking one up but can't find out too much with out panoptix.  I'm not sure I will upgrade to it (panoptix) but never say never. 

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Garmin 73cv with out panoptix
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:27 AM »
I have one with the panoptix and if I'm hole hopping and such I will sometimes use just the ice ducer to be able to fish same hole as ducer is in. it is next to impossible to do that with the panoptix rig set in a hole. running and gunning chasing perch fishing just a few minutes per hole it works fine. the panoptix is the guy though and once I settle in on a hole I run it as it is so much better for seeing what the fish are doing down there.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Garmin 73cv with out panoptix
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2020, 03:08 PM »
Last year I picked up a 73dv on eBay for really cheap. I used it with the transom mount transducer mounted to the end of a PVC pipe. It actually worked pretty good. But I don't think the target separation was very good. Fishing side-by-side with my showdown I noticed that when the Garmin shows that I am on the bottom the showdown I was about 6 inches up. So, I bought the GT-8-IF ice transducer for this year hoping to get better target separation. But with no ice I'm not able to give it try. I'd love to get the panoptix but that's not in my budget now.
jbird68

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.