Author Topic: Lowrance Hook 5  (Read 802 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Lowrance Hook 5
« on: Dec 26, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Buddy just picked one up and his tech savieness is less than mine, but I've been playing around with it a little bit. So just looking for some input from those of you who have had or use one of these units. Pros/cons, settings you use, flasher split screen or not, etc. Thanks.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Lowens110

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lowrance Hook 5
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2019, 10:40 AM »
I have fished with a lowrance for the last 4 years i really like running a graph compared to a flasher. Have not fished a lot with a flasher a buddy of mine has one but I just don't like the view as much. I really like the graph because of the history of what has happened also split zoom to be able to focus on a portion of the water column on one half and whole water column on the other. also for the price you have the graph option as well as the technology to switch the screen to a ice flasher mode so it would fish just like a flasher. price range isn't bad either on them.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Lowrance Hook 5
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2019, 01:50 PM »
I have fished with a lowrance for the last 4 years i really like running a graph compared to a flasher. Have not fished a lot with a flasher a buddy of mine has one but I just don't like the view as much. I really like the graph because of the history of what has happened also split zoom to be able to focus on a portion of the water column on one half and whole water column on the other. also for the price you have the graph option as well as the technology to switch the screen to a ice flasher mode so it would fish just like a flasher. price range isn't bad either on them.

Thanks for input. Also found another buddy who has the Hook 4 so he was able to offer up some insight as well. Think I've got it figured out. A LOT of features to this unit. GPS seems to be improved from previous units. Love the screen choices as well. Biggest complaint is the time it takes to boot up. Just fire it up before walking on the ice I guess.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.