Author Topic: Hummingbird Helix 7 blips  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hummingbird Helix 7 blips
« on: Dec 22, 2019, 01:01 PM »
Got out for first time yesterday and noticed something interesting on my Hummingbird Helix 7.
After working normally for about 5 hours I would notice a blip every once in a while on both the flasher and the sonar. The flasher would momentarily change depth then go back and in sonar I would see a momentary jump and I could see a line going across the screen where the readout was interrupted.
I'm using a lithium battery and it was at 100% all day.
I do not remember this happening once last year and I used it maybe 30 days all day.
Any thoughts anyone?
Don't fall in. Unless it's a big one.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hummingbird Helix 7 blips
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2019, 03:37 PM »
I don't have a clue what was going on but with a lithium battery, I'm pretty sure it will always say 100%.  Lithium batteries produce a steady voltage until they die.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2019, 02:05 AM »
I don't have a clue what was going on but with a lithium battery, I'm pretty sure it will always say 100%.  Lithium batteries produce a steady voltage until they die.
True they will read 100% until they go dead.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Were you fishing close to somebody and getting inteference.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2019, 09:12 AM »
No? My son was 20-30 yards away using a Vexilar.

Offline mee2gofishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2019, 01:17 PM »
This happened to me just yesterday with the original SLA battery at around 70% charge.  It may have been earlier in the day but I definitely recall it happening repeatedly from 70%-50% charge.  I have used it 5 times (twice at end of last spring). No idea why...but it was similar to  bumping my transducer while jigging aggressively.

I also noted that after using it for 3 hours and then putting it on the charger for the evening, it showed only 88% battery left when I turned it on the next morning.  I believe it had previously recorded at or above 95% for the 4 previous outings after a full charge.

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2019, 01:39 PM »
This happened to me just yesterday with the original SLA battery at around 70% charge.  It may have been earlier in the day but I definitely recall it happening repeatedly from 70%-50% charge.  I have used it 5 times (twice at end of last spring). No idea why...but it was similar to  bumping my transducer while jigging aggressively.

I also noted that after using it for 3 hours and then putting it on the charger for the evening, it showed only 88% battery left when I turned it on the next morning.  I believe it had previously recorded at or above 95% for the 4 previous outings after a full charge.
That's a good analogy. It almost did seem like something bumped the transducer. Quick blip then back to normal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.