The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wholesale bait around Berks area?  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Foxbow

• IceShanty Rookie
Wholesale bait around Berks area?
« on: Nov 21, 2005, 10:17 PM »
I was just wondering if there are any dealers to get wholesale bait, namely maggots, in this area. Last year i had a heck of a time getting magots, we don't carry them. How would you store them? ???
"Be the dominant predator!"

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Wholesale bait around Berks area?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2005, 10:32 PM »
Maggots, or spikes as they are sometimes called, can be kept forever in the fridge. Maybe not forever, but they keep much better than waxies.
Try Ron's Wholesale Bait (717) 652 1552, they are in Harrisburg, but I think they may deliver to your area or they will ship at very reasonable rates. Tell them I sent you, you might get a price break.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2005, 08:00 AM »
Ah yes another plug for Ron's!! Eddie D loves you Byron! Byron is right though you need anything they will have what u need! They are very reasonable to deal with!
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2005, 08:52 AM »
More accolades for Ron's in Harrisburg.  Not only do they always have what I need, but the prices are good too.  However, the best thing about Ron's is that they have the best quality bait that I can find.  All of the worms, maggots, grubs, etc. are fresh, and the minnows and shiners seem to live forever in my basement.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2005, 10:19 AM »
will he shhip Mousies

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Just call and i am sure they will!
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2005, 04:44 PM »
another place is Wholesale bait company if u have friends wanting bait too they sell in a bit larger quanities but they have excelent selection for ice fishing including Mousies

Offline SHAMEN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2005, 05:48 PM »
www.grubco.com online for waxys and there is a place called Kurt's down toward Morgantown...not sure exactly look it up.  Got good prices and good bait...

igloolou

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Several years ago a couple of buddies and I got together and talked with the owner of a local B/T shop about selling bait to us in large quantities.  He quoted us a good price on the bait so we paid him and he ordered it when we went to pick up the bait we actually got an even better price because the wholesaler gave him a better price because of the quantity of bait he purchased.  So this was a win win situation for all of us.

While this isn't wholesale you might wanna give it a try!

Offline Foxbow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Thanks a bunch guys, I think this is the way to go, no travelling to get bait. I would like to see about getting minnows too, might try that, and I think my landlord might have a tank downstairs to keep them in. ;D 8)
"Be the dominant predator!"

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Another positive vote for grubco.com. Fast shipment, cheap, and good bait. Went through a lot of maggots (and waxies) last year with no worries. I believe the place SHAMAEN mentioned is Kurtz's Fish Hatchery. Thier address is listed somewhere on the PFBC website under tripoid grass carp dealers. Pretty sure they sell bulk minnows as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.