Author Topic: Crappies in the afternoon  (Read 1857 times)

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
Crappies in the afternoon
« on: Jan 05, 2008, 10:08 PM »
My wife and i went out for a couple of hrs. Caught about 2 dozn, only 1 dozn were keepers.

Its so fun to go out with her. We used tip downs, They were hitting so hard at times we couldent keep up!!
shed runn around hooking and bringin them up Ide follow and rebait.

Funny thing is i brought the lil shanty with and about 2 hrs into fishin she had to pee. So i ran back to the truck. ( on shore ) Meanwhile shes hookin them left and right. I come back and see most of the poles on the ground with fish on them. As im setting up the shanty shes hollerin for me to hurry up and catch some fish. She goes in the shanty to (You know) and the action slows WAY down ......... its like they knew she had to pee. Anywho we had a blast!!  Were goin out in the mornin hope they hitt as well then too.

Well seee ya later

Offline stevenm2007

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Love The Ice !!!
Re: Crappies in the afternoon
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2008, 11:25 PM »
Were was this? sounds great! I go out with my woman also and its the best watching someone get into icefishing when the ACTUALLY CATCH FISH !!! they love it.

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2008, 06:25 AM »
We live in northern wisconsin ;D

Around a foot of ice here.

Offline njsimonson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Panfish are the new walleyes
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2008, 08:41 AM »
I recently had a good crappie bite with my fiancee, it is always great to take your significant other out, who may not regularly fish, and get on a decent bite.  It shows them WHY you do what you do at five in the morning each weekend, and HOW it can be so addictive.  I'd rather fish with her than most others.  :)
Born to fish, forced to go to work and think about fishing and talk about fishing with coworkers.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2008, 09:12 AM »
yes crappie are great fish especially when you get on a good school we had some great action on lake Wisconsin this year at first ice fast and ferrous with big slabs but usually when they shut of like that you can move around eather deeper or shallower to refind them especially in the morning and night
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2008, 05:22 PM »
Darn it shure sucks when you get your limit of crappies ;D
We went out this morning caught 1 1/2 dozn Then she had to go to work. I went back out and caught my limit ....... 8)

Had a Warden stop by me and check what i had for reserch.  This is after i caught my share and could have no more. As i was packing up the last tip down went down. I ran over outa instinct pulled up a huge slab. I thought great ill just switch this one for a smaller one. Then i realized i pulled the gills outa every one i kept. The warden said just slide it down the hole ....   :'( 

He ws a nice guy though. Gave me a free ride back to shore with all of my gear. I guess not all of them are bad.

Later

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2008, 01:10 PM »
I can tell you were not in the U.P.      GO Packers :D
Only in the U.P.  (You can take man out of the U.P. but can't take the U.P. out of the Man)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.