Author Topic: Will There Be Ice This Weekend?  (Read 875 times)

Offline The Don Mega

• IceShanty Rookie
Will There Be Ice This Weekend?
« on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Wow! temps in the 50s this week possibly the low 60s in some areas, will there even be ice by the weekend? 

I read the update on strawberry and it is slush and water on top of a non specified amount of ice.  The poster recommends to stay away from Strawberry.  Fish lake is thin in the middle and Deer Creek and Jordanelle have open water, neither completely icing over.

What areas will be safe to fish this weekend?

I was planning to go to East Canyon.  I take my 6 and 4 year old with me but I am hesitant now with the high temps.

Any recommendations or updates for safe ice conditions?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Will There Be Ice This Weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:52 PM »
Northern Montana/Canada  :roflmao: :roflmao: but seriously this weather is getting ridiculous. The ice was so so at the view tonite but after the predicted temps/storms this weekend it could be bad, Real Bad....
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline The Don Mega

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2014, 09:57 PM »
Northern Montana/Canada  :roflmao: :roflmao: but seriously this weather is getting ridiculous. The ice was so so at the view tonite but after the predicted temps/storms this weekend it could be bad, Real Bad....

We may be shoreline fishing on the 22nd for the Utah IceShanty get together  :P

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2014, 01:52 AM »
This year is turning out like 1983 from what people tell me.... Its 6 years before my time so I wasn't around but there was water flowing over the glen canyon dam.... O please o please if your taking my favorite fishing away early..... Please flood Powell so the shad and crappie can make a come back.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.