Author Topic: Slush inhalers......  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Slush inhalers......
« on: Nov 15, 2019, 12:32 AM »
So currently in my ice castle I've been using a fish hole buddy slush bucket and a northland flipper dipper to get slush out the door. It can take longer then desired to get 4-9holes cleared.

So....I've looked at getting myself the Slush Inhaler....thinking it could be a true one shot out the door per hole vs 3-4trips with the bucket on each hole.

Anyone got much experiance with one? Also.....does it work well and save time and trips vs what I am doing?

I did reverse the auger but it just seems to blow slush over to the hole a guy just cleaned.

Offline fieds

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Slush inhalers......
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2019, 02:56 AM »
I like mine, ive got a nine inch and use it in a ten inch hole....had a nine inch auger when i bought it back in the day.

It does a good job, probably a great job if it was a 10 to fit my 10 inch auger.

Fieds

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2019, 05:24 AM »
Do you lower your house all the way before drilling?

WS

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2019, 09:16 AM »
They are big, bulky, and worthless. If you carry a drill look up Slush Copter. Even with reverse on my Ion I use the Copter. My Inhaler is just wasting shed space.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2019, 09:40 AM »
They are big, bulky, and worthless. If you carry a drill look up Slush Copter. Even with reverse on my Ion I use the Copter. My Inhaler is just wasting shed space.

That thing looks pretty functionally awesome ..don't have a drop down house or thought about drilling holes through one ..but that seems to be the PITA part of the ownership ..I don't like cleaning out my hole hopping holes in general ..I usually just push down on the auger on that last little bit to disperse out the chips out under the ice  some ..a little slush dosent bother me. I would think the drop down  ice trailer community would have solved this dilemma by now ... with a once and for all.. bar none.. no nonsense solution ..state of the art device . Hope whatever you decide on it works well.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2019, 09:50 AM »
I use a slush inhaler in my drop down. I dump it into a bucket and carry that out the door. My son likes it for clearing holes in our portables. I have the bucket close to the hole since it does drain a bunch of water when transporting slush to the bucket..
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Do you lower your house all the way before drilling?

WS

Yes.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2019, 03:53 PM »

I have been running a nils 8in power point on a Milwaukee clam plate.  I can blow the hole out, but it blows it over to the other holes a guy just cleaned. I would think the slush copter would do the same.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2019, 03:57 PM »
I have always lowered mine within 6-7" of the ice and bored the holes, pulling up and scattering the slush and chips evenly under the house.

Final clean out of 6 holes is less than a 5 gallon bucket. Usually I don't even bank the house as the shavings form a seal.

WS

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2019, 04:07 PM »
I have always lowered mine within 6-7" of the ice and bored the holes, pulling up and scattering the slush and chips evenly under the house.

Final clean out of 6 holes is less than a 5 gallon bucket. Usually I don't even bank the house as the shavings form a seal.

WS

I see. That take more time lowering stoping and lowering then what I am doing though............

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.