Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Not Big Numbers~NIce Jumbos!!!

(1/7) > >>

Anomaly:
Not fast action either... Got a couple or 3 flags at once. Then nothing for 20 minutes... Repeat.. A few hit and spit.

Jim_C.:
Some of them are REAL nice, Joe!  For panfish, I'll take quality over quantity anytime.  Did you jig at all?

Anomaly:

--- Quote from: Jim_C. on Feb 26, 2024, 01:43 PM ---Some of them are REAL nice, Joe!  For panfish, I'll take quality over quantity anytime.  Did you jig at all?

--- End quote ---
Hey Jim, I pretty much stopped jigging for them in this spot. They seem to move around in small sparse groups in very random patterns. I'd rather jig for them, but the success rate is very low and extremely slow. Weird when the 10 - 12" ones look tiny...
Back to whitefish tomorrow!!! LOTS OF JIGGING!!!!

Jim_C.:
Gotcha.  I have some GPS waypoints where fish really bunch up and jigging is best.  But, like you say, for widely scattered groups, traps tend to be the answer. :tipup:

Good luck on the whitefish.

--- Quote from: Anomaly on Feb 26, 2024, 01:52 PM --- They seem to move around in small sparse groups in very random patterns. I'd rather jig for them, but the success rate is very low and extremely slow.

--- End quote ---

woodchip:
Those are nice perch ,the bite has been better in the last few days than its been all winter. I never finished filleting my white Perch until 730 but ended up with just under 5 lbs of boneless fillets

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version