The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: What plans did you have?  (Read 5046 times)

Offline Zink

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: What plans did you have?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 01, 2023, 05:54 PM »
Three of my buddies are heading to Higgins this weekend. The Sports Barn said they were ice fishing on 9 inches of ice. One of our friends will probably split off and go to Houghton where he slays the fish somehow. I’ll be in 100 foot of water targeting lake trout. If anyone is up there this weekend, give a post and maybe we can hook up somewhere on the lake. This will be the last hoorah for me this year. Hope next year’s weather is much colder. I live for this and got ripped off this year.

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2023, 07:02 AM »
Right there w/ ya brother!
Called Lymons on Houghton this morning & they're still running machines on 10 " hardwater at da s. launch. Got a blizzard coming near home , so I'm gonna play hookey tomorrow & bask in da sunshine at a small lake near Gaylord that looks promising . IT AIN'T OVER YET !!

Swift Tines

Offline TheLionsFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 02, 2023, 06:09 PM »
Zink -   Thanks for sharing the info and pics on that cabin.  I appreciate it.  Next winter, Little Bay de Noc is on my list to go to, assuming we have good ice.  I really want to go there, but want to do my homework first before making the 6 hour trip up there.  Definitely looking for a place where we can park our machines and head straight out.

Ronnie - Good luck at Houghton Lake.  Let us know how you do.  I MIGHT head up there on Sunday myself, we'll see.  Crazy thing is it wont be to fish like I want, but to get my wife and I some miles on our sleds.  Need these things broken in, figured Houghton Lake would be a nice place to put some miles on them.

Offline Zink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Mar 02, 2023, 06:27 PM »
Good luck to you both! 

Ronnie D, my parents used to have a cottage across the street from Little Bear Lake in Johannesburg, but I always fished on Big Bear Lake. Never had much luck, but caught a ton of bass kayak fishing there.

TheLionsFan, their driveway wraps all the way around the house so plenty of room to park 8 vehicles and trailers. We paid $1,588 in total from 3pm Thursday to noon on Sunday to rent the house. It’s awesome inside with a huge sauna outside. Get a bunch of people and you’ll have a great time. The ice is always great up there. Normally about 24 inches thick, but only 14 this year with the warmer weather.

Have fun to you both!  Be safe!

Offline Zink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 02, 2023, 06:29 PM »
One more thing, we were actually in Rapid River which is about 30 minutes north of Escanaba.

Offline Zink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 02, 2023, 06:33 PM »
Just cuz, a few more pictures from the Rapid River trip.

Offline TheLionsFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 02, 2023, 06:35 PM »
I really appreciate all the info Zink, thanks!   Great pics too.  You guys look like you had a great time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.