The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Long Lake Traverse County MI  (Read 1126 times)

Offline KIOWA13

• IceShanty Rookie
Long Lake Traverse County MI
« on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:03 PM »
Anyone know the ice conditions on Long Lake or have fishing success in years past on it? Will be hitting the lake with a group mid Feb, any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Offline Bloodhound1601

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Long Lake Traverse County MI
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2022, 09:08 AM »
Fished from 4-8 pm last night without a bite. First time here anyone have any tips for this place.

Offline JustMissedem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2022, 04:30 PM »
Ice is more 12 inches or more on Long Lake. We have had some luck with Walleye in the 25 to 30 ft range. We usually hit the Crescent rd boat launch area, since it is really easy access, and that whole bay has been where we caught some walleye, and you don't have to walk much. I hear people do well off the island straight across from the same boat launch, but it is quite the walk if you don't have a ORV.

Offline JustMissedem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2022, 04:38 PM »
Also, I have heard that Mickey Lake (small lake attached to Long Lake on West side) is where all the walleye go. I haven't tried it yet; too long of a walk from either parks or boat launches for us, and no direct public access. If you have ORV or want to hoof it, you might want to try that area as well

Offline Bloodhound1601

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2022, 11:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Group of seven of us caught about 20 perch, mostly dinks today.

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2022, 05:55 PM »
People mostly target Walleye and Perch.
(Walleyes and Perch can run small, you will have to sort)

I fish perch and walleye basically the same, just change the size of the jigs

Pike and Panfish can be good as well.

Access off two boat launches (Gilbert park and Crescent shores Rd.) As well as the township park across from Long lake grocery store (Taylor Park).

Try flats off any access points and if you don't mind the walk, the humps, and saddle areas around the islands can be good.

I Deadstick a minnow in one hole and jig the other. If you are fishing deeper water I switch to tip-ups and jig just one line in the shack to prevent tangles.

I like to start about 20 fow but they catch them in 10 fow on out to 50.

Good Luck All  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.