Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Wigglers

(1/2) > >>

Iceassin:
So...last season I found it very difficult to find any bait shops here in the SW part of the state that had any of these "Perch pounding" baits. Rumor had it that it was due to the fact that no one was digging for them...and I'm not going to either. Lol. Anyway,  any intel on who was able to find them and where? I'm making an irrigation/aerator system that will allow me to keep them alive for quite a while...if I can get enough of them. Fyi...I don't like or use the preserved variety. I will be calling around myself in the next couple of weeks in my area and see if there is news on availability and I will report back. Just looking to get a jump on things. TIA.

Junkie4Ice:
Always wanted to use them in winter, but can never find them in WI either.

Have you or anyone else tried to keep them alive in a tank long term?

SKIFFLAKEJIMMY:
Knutson's in Brooklyn had them last year.

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: SKIFFLAKEJIMMY on Sep 29, 2021, 08:01 AM ---Knutson's in Brooklyn had them last year.

--- End quote ---

Hoping to find them a bit closer. If not, I may make that 2 hour trip.

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: Junkie4Ice on Sep 29, 2021, 07:37 AM ---Always wanted to use them in winter, but can never find them in WI either.

Have you or anyone else tried to keep them alive in a tank long term?

--- End quote ---

Well they are fussy. Biggest thing is fresh water. But they don't like to be submerged in it. I have a small cooler and aerator I plan to use ( will fit nicely in the fridge). I'm also building a frame out of PVC and attaching a piece of fine mesh screen to the bottom of it. Should float and allow just enough water through to "moisten" them...not drowning them. That's the plan. 🤷‍♂️

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version