The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: 2021 soft water  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Snitch#8

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • As Always, Take Care and Stay Safe!
2021 soft water
« on: Apr 23, 2021, 09:30 AM »
I just went on Myfishfinder.com's Michigan forum.   That is the brother site of Iceshanty but for soft water fishing instead of ice fishing.  I was surprised to find that I was the first one to post a thread for 2021.  The last thread on the Michigan forum was from last fall!  I was just as surprised that no one is using this great source for information.  If you haven't been on Myfishfinder, you are missing out.  Hopefully, this will remind everyone who enjoys IceShanty, that they do have a soft water version.  I can't wait to meet some of you, who don't ice fish and be able to share helpful information.  Until then, Take Care and Stay Safe! 

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: 2021 soft water
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2021, 08:01 AM »
Its always been crickets and tumbleweeds there.

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2021, 09:18 AM »
There are clickable links to the other sites at the very bottom of the ice shanty page.

They are pretty quiet, especially My Hunting Forum. The last post for Michigan was 2016!

Good Luck All  :tipup:

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2021, 10:49 AM »
Its always been crickets and tumbleweeds there.

X2, not much info for the states i want there

Offline Snitch#8

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2021, 10:39 AM »
  I use to post on the Michigan Sportsman web.   But, a couple years ago I was banned from posting on the site, for basically asking a question.  They chose to ban someone with over fifty years of experience fishing the Saginaw Bay, in order to continue doing a disservice to their members.   There are a few on there that can pretty much do whatever they want while continually sanctioning others for doing the same thing.  During one such incident they locked a thread so that no one could continue the conversation.  I asked, why does the moderator lock a thread when someone gets out of hand?  I offered that kicking them off the site would benefit the site much better.  I explained that those who are participating correctly can continue with the conversation and those who are not, will not be around to contaminate further threads.  As so happens,  I was told by someone to shut up and mind my own business.  As some of you on here may know, being a Marine, I wasn't going to let that go without some sort of retort.  Sooooo, I politely told them that I wasn't going to shut up and that I thought I had a valid concern.  The person who told me to shut up and mind my own business then told me, quite un-politely, to shut the f..k up or get kicked off the site!  I then told them that they were the kind that needed to be banned from the site, for using foul language.  Little did I know that that person happened to be the wife of one of the moderators.  I quickly learned that there was a click one the site that could basically do whatever they wanted, while all along banning people for doing less.  Since my departure, a lot of old regulars quit posting on the site.  I still go there to watch the chit show and I know of others who go on there for a laugh, as well!  Yes, they still have many followers however, 'most' of them are new to the site.  It usually doesn't take them long to figure out who's in the bus and who gets thrown under it, LOL.  There are a few guys who remain on the Saginaw Bay forum who are really good guys.  Ralph Smith and MM Bourdow, to name a couple.  If you frequent that site and need a recent report from the bay, don't hesitate to look for them, they know they're stuff!

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2021, 06:55 PM »
I used to post on MFF w/ an open water report for Gull,but there was very little activity on that forum. Have not been there in a few years. As for Mich. Sportsman I was on there for just a few weeks. Lots of jerks. This past winter I was on a couple of FB icefishing pages & when I was warning guys about trespassing to get access on Gull, I to was told to get lost  & STFU. I promptly deleted all my posts & comments on those 2 pages & left. A week later, legal access to south bay on Gull was Gone !  Nowdays I mainly post on my own FB page & 1 other FB page that deals w/ Smelt fishing& leave it at that. Several of my FB friends are also members on here. Maybe I'll try MFF again & see what happens. I will say that most of the folks on here are decent & dont bash each other like other places do. It would be neat to stay in contact w/ those that I only see or chat w/ during the hardwater season.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline Snitch#8

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2021, 09:49 AM »
I don't use FB.  I use to get on it but had problems about 6 years ago and tried to delete my account.  Even though I tried deleting it, it is still there.  Soooo, I just stopped going on it.  I haven't posted there since trying to delete it.  I agree with you on MS, I wouldn't post there again, even if I could!  But, like I said, I do go on there for a laugh every now and then.  I agree with you about MFF, it would be nice to keep up with guys who I have met on Ice Shanty.  And, it will be great to meet new fishermen who don't go on Ice Shanty because they don't ice fish.  It is great to be able to have another site to go and meet new people and share information about the sport we love!  I will be posting on MFF today about a great time my buddy and I had yesterday catching some amazing blue gill and sunnies.  I hope to see you there! 

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 09:40 AM »
Got out a few times sucker fishing past few weeks

Didnt take many pics... Most the fishing i did solo.... The double my dad got this past weekend.... Hoping to get the kataks out soon for some gills but we will see
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.