The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Ice conditions for this coming weekend (3/27-28) in the Bangor to Millinocket  (Read 1706 times)

Offline MadSledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hi yall. I moved down south a ways this winter away from the Bangor area but I am headed up to visit friends this weekend (March 27-28th) is the ice still holding around there? or how about up Chesuncook/Millinocket way?  Thanks for any replies I realize its gonna be tough to tell with the warm wet weather coming the next couple of days. If if you dont have guess on what it will be, tell me what it was last week.

Normally I'm right on top of conditions but I am bit out of touch this winter. I am hoping to get out on one of the usual suspects of lakes Hermon, Checsuncook, Ambajejus, Schoodic or the like.

Thanks for any updates.   
Gotta Fishem' All!

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
You might be ok this weekend but conditions vary. Some rain forecasted for Friday. I found 12” of soft ice on Monday in central Maine and 10” this morning.

Offline darby74

• Team IceShanty Regular
Last week in Millinocket there was still plenty of ice, around 14"  There was no snow on the lake, and standing water in some places.  You should be fine this weekend, but the weak spots will start to get really thin with the rain coming Friday.

Offline GNFISHIN

• IceShanty Rookie
Was on pushaw last Sunday, still about 8-10” of good ice and about 4” of slushy ice. The edges were opening up though. I’m calling it a season, good luck and god speed.
It's fishing, not catching....

Offline rosen88

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If it swims, I'm interested
Was on the south end of Pushaw yesterday and similar conditions to GNFISHIN, although the slush was down to about 2"-3" and the good ice was closer to 8" just about everywhere I drilled

Offline MadSledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the replies guys. That helps a lot.
Gotta Fishem' All!

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
When we lose 2" a day and gas bubbles building faster in what ice seems solid    over night it can turn to slush. Be very cautious carry some long rope!!!!

Offline oldskidoo

• IceShanty Rookie
I have fished a pond east of Bangor 3 times this week. About 18" of ice overall on Sunday. Wednesday the ice seemed OK but the top softened up a lot through the day and seemed to feel softer when drilling holes. I decided that would be my last venture out from shore. Went yesterday in the fog, rain, thunder, and lightning. Fished some old holes near shore since I knew the water was only 3' deep. I expect that may be the last time out. Managed a togue and a trout this week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.