Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Square Lake (County)

<< < (2/4) > >>

pikehater:
I was on Cross, Square, Eagle, and Long this weekend.  Wasn't much snow left by Sunday and certainly won't be sled friendly by the weekend.  Gravel roads are hard and dusty, no snow left on them.  Wheeler would be ideal.  There was enough snow on shore to use sleds but with rain coming who knows?

Huemorin:
Thanks for the report

jacksmelt71:
just came off eagle. by noon the top 3in. of ice turned to slush. lake is is looking sketchy already.  the first foot i drilled thru today was very easy for the auger to go thru. mostly frozen slush. only about 12in. of good ice under that. dont know what will be left after thrus. the 60deg and warm winds is really undermining the ice we have left.

Huemorin:
Thanks Steve.  I also don't mind going in taking the road, but it would be nice if we could at least get to Square Lake road and not have to travel in right form 161.  I am almost thinking you could drive in but that might be pushing it.

JDK:

--- Quote from: Huemorin on Mar 22, 2021, 02:44 PM ---Thanks Steve.  I also don't mind going in taking the road, but it would be nice if we could at least get to Square Lake road and not have to travel in right form 161.  I am almost thinking you could drive in but that might be pushing it.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what side of the lake your camp is on but I would think that the west side is inaccessible to vehicle traffic at this time.  We went past the Sullivan Road Sunday and it was being used as a snowmobile trail.  Last I knew it wasn't plowed from the Beaver Brook end either.  Also the road in from Blackstone was being used as a snowmobile trail.  Of course, all of this could change with warm weather and cutting. 

I know you can drive to Burnt Landing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version