The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: I can hear the fat lady  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I can hear the fat lady
« on: Mar 01, 2021, 03:35 PM »
Shes heating up her vocal chords..... River walleye is almost here
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I can hear the fat lady
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2021, 04:00 PM »
Yeah, I got a copy of the lyrics during that fantastic cold snap we had a week or so ago. Unfortunately I was moving my family of four during that entire time and now it’s getting all soupy out and that’s about all she wrote. Here’s to next year though! :tipup:
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2021, 04:41 PM »
If you wanna catch some open water walleye from shore shoot me a pm... Water should be just right about thursday
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline jdgambler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2021, 08:29 AM »
I'm making one more go at it this weekend. most likley on foot. Allthough i'm getting reports of 8-10" on certain lakes above m-55
I'd rather be fishing than sleeping

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2021, 11:38 AM »
Took my gear out of the truck this morning. Fished a private lake last evening and got a few. The ice is honeycombing. I have my perm shanty on shore here at home. The shore ice is going in a hurry. 60's coming next week. Time to get the golf clubs back out.

Offline skibumm100

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2021, 08:50 AM »
I finished my season yesterday around noon. Saturday morning there was about 40 feet of shoreline that still had good ice right up to the bank. Lost a lot of it on Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning I had about 10 feet where I could access. Ice was still about 5" thick pretty much anywhere I drilled. The spring holes had refroze and took a couple of whacks to get through. All morning the ice was very active as the sun hit it. Lot's of noise and some big whumps that brought water up in the hole. The ice is under a lot of stress and had cracks just about everywhere you looked. Watched one shooting crack go about 3 feet in front of me. When I can ashore the skim ice that formed overnight had buckled up along the shoreline and was sticking up a foot in the air. I caught a couple keepers but tossed them back. Lots and lots of dinks. Time to launch the boat in a couple weeks. This week will wipe out a good bit of the ice. One good windy day and it will disappear.

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2021, 02:57 PM »
Still quite a bit of ice around me, yet.  Went out with a buddy yesterday afternoon to a local lake and good enough ice to still ride the snowmobile out.  No other folks fishing but did chat with an older gentleman who was out for a drive around the lake with his wife in their SxS.  Shore ice is starting to drop making access for machine travel a bit more challenging. 

Fished Higgins Lake on Saturday and still a lot of ice up there with lots of machine travel going on, although I did hear some ice has opened up near the Big Creek area.

I'm sure I'll be out somewhere this upcoming weekend to put a final go on the pike and walleye before season closes on the 15th.

Everyone stay safe, spud your way in/out, and wear your ice spikes.

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2021, 03:59 PM »
And she's on an encore. >:(

Pulled a couple of ab muscles so I've been out for several weeks, but hoping to hit the river soon.

Everybody have a great offseason  :) 

Time to get the boat ready for the bays.

Best of luck to all!  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.