Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Gull Lake 2021

<< < (28/28)

smeltbuster:
Even though Gull is wide open, Bob & me managed to catch 101 Smelt last night on my Toon. Pretty much the same tactics as ice fishing, but you need a calm night & 2 anchors.You also cannot move around a lot as it makes it hard to see the bites. Ran the green light 6' down. All the fish we caught were at least 50' down in 92' of water. Marked very few high fish. I know its not ice fishing,but it was fun !

Doeslayer:
Smelt fishing open water was sonething i was always curious about.... Were youbstill using ice rods for the sensitivity?

smeltbuster:

--- Quote from: Doeslayer on Mar 19, 2021, 07:06 AM ---Smelt fishing open water was sonething i was always curious about.... Were youbstill using ice rods for the sensitivity?

--- End quote ---
Yes. You have to be very still. If the boat moves it makes it tough to see the bites. If you are on FB, check out the "Michigan Smelt Fishing " page. You can scroll down through the posts & get some ideas. I have posted a ton of info on that page, along w/ several pics. I also have a short video on how I tie my smelt rigs.

Doeslayer:
Got rid of facebook during the trump amd hillary election and never looked back.... Too much whining and crying for me...

Fish Killa:

--- Quote from: Doeslayer on Mar 20, 2021, 05:03 PM ---Got rid of facebook during the trump amd hillary election and never looked back.... Too much whining and crying for me...

--- End quote ---
I agree but Facebook groups have their place and are very useful for ice fishing. But even that has gotten to be a bit of bickering over nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version