Author Topic: Ice fishing Bib Question  (Read 5065 times)

Offline idtrout

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice fishing Bib Question
« on: Jan 03, 2021, 08:46 PM »
I bought a new pair of Baffin Impact boots for ice fishing however they are quite large and my bibs won't zip closed anymore around the boots my current bibs are an older pair of Cabelas insulated bibs not necessarily ice fishing bibs. So my question is does anyone recommend bibs that have a wider opening for the boots so i can zip them closed. I have looked at Striker Ice Trekker bibs and they won't close around my boots either. Not sure if Clam , or other manufactures are different. Thanks

Offline George_B

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always looking for new tip-up variations !!
Re: Ice fishing Bib Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:45 AM »
Don't know if free shipping is still in effect, but anything bought thru Dicks Sporting on line can be returned to the store if you have one in your area if it don't work out.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2021, 08:38 AM »
I have a pair of FXR bibs and Striker Climate bibs that both work fine, even over the high top Muck boots that I sometimes wear.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2021, 10:15 AM »
I bought a new pair of Baffin Impact boots for ice fishing however they are quite large and my bibs won't zip closed anymore around the boots my current bibs are an older pair of Cabelas insulated bibs not necessarily ice fishing bibs. So my question is does anyone recommend bibs that have a wider opening for the boots so i can zip them closed. I have looked at Striker Ice Trekker bibs and they won't close around my boots either. Not sure if Clam , or other manufactures are different. Thanks

Just looking at the Baffin Impact ..they look huge ...can you measure them for actual reference . I can check my opening on my Bibs in a bit .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2021, 12:00 PM »
Just measured the inside diameter of my Striker Ice Climate bibs leg opening w/o liner ..zippered and snapped 10.5 inches .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline idtrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:26 PM »
I measured the Baffin boots at the top they are 24 inches around and down by the bottom they are 20 inches around

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:36 PM »
I measured the Baffin boots at the top they are 24 inches around and down by the bottom they are 20 inches around

Seems they should fit around the bottom/ankle ..but that 24" circumference on top could be an big problem/obstacle..

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2021, 02:02 PM »
Just did another measurement on my SI Climate ..about a foot up from my fully adjust cuff (cuff adjusted for shortest length) I was able to get a wooden 12 in rule across/diameter of the bib leg ..the bib is wider at the knee area and tapers down.

Offline idtrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2021, 07:33 PM »
Thanks to all of you and a personel shout out to Hardwater Diehard. I think since Cabelas is so close to my house I'll order a pair of Striker Ice bibs and try them at the store if they don't work I'll just return them. Thanks again warmer days are in my future.

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2021, 07:18 PM »
I would get a pair of gaiters to use with your current bibs. It solves the problem for much less money.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2021, 07:26 PM »

I have a striker climate and a guardian and the gaters fit around my trans Alaskans

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2021, 10:45 PM »
May be too late, but the larger the size of the bibs are, the larger the opening of the bibs are.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2021, 03:46 AM »
 Your right Sorry about size
  3300 both my striker bibs are Large , and they snap around my trans Alaskans size 12

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2021, 01:20 PM »
I wear the Flag Chaser pants and tuck them inside my Impacts. Use the snow collar.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 27, 2022, 09:54 AM »
24" sounds more like a waist size then a boot opening. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.