Author Topic: Float suits  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Timmydann

• IceShanty Rookie
Float suits
« on: Dec 29, 2020, 12:39 PM »
I want to get a float suit this year and was wondering if you guys who have them would give some reviews, comfort, warmth, flexibility, etc, let's say 3 to 4 hundred in price?

Offline nkocak

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Float suits
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2020, 12:48 PM »
Striker guardian, on sale on the striker site. $236 for the whole package pre tax.

Offline Timmydann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2020, 12:55 PM »
Whole package? Give me more

Offline nkocak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:10 PM »
https://strikerbrands.com/products/guardian-bib

Bibs and jacket sold separately.

Offline Timmydann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:17 PM »
Is this one that you use , I'm looking for first hand experience, one you're going to use this year

Offline nkocak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:18 PM »
I just bought it and it came in just before Xmas. Seems well made,

Offline Fishmongerlyndon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:20 PM »
i own the striker predator bibs, and i absolutely love them. literally wear a pair of thin pants and long johns underneath and have never gotten cold

Offline Nysrx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:21 PM »
I have the striker ice hardwater. I really like the outfit. It’s super tough and very warm. All I do is jig and this suit fills all my needs.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:24 PM »
Based on your location I would say the SI Predator or Hardwater ..I have the Predator warm enough for us downstate anglers . Good video on the line up . There is a Trekker model with only 60g of insulation .

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:26 PM »
I had frabil but 2 years went to striker , frabil is nice but I'm more comfortable in striker and has floatation frabil didn't, just my preference

Offline Nysrx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:26 PM »
I have never used these but the price seems good https://icerunnerhouses.com/float-suit/
Windrunner borea suits are decent priced. https://www.windrider.com/products/boreas_ice_fishing_suit

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:27 PM »
FishUSA has buy Striker jacket get bibs free. And they are a sponsor.

Offline Timmydann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:32 PM »
 :) :) Awesome guys, this is what I was looking for, honest reviews, it's not a money thing, i just want what I paid for ;D

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:35 PM »
:) :) Awesome guys, this is what I was looking for, honest reviews, it's not a money thing, i just want what I paid for ;D

Another site sponsor ..little road trip ..may help you with proper sizing as well

https://www.fish307.com/search.php?search_query=striker%20ice&section=content
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:45 PM »
I have the climate bibs and coat. Never had an issue being cold. I would recommend them to all.  :tipup:

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Dec 29, 2020, 01:57 PM »

I have the climate ,very warm , had it many years holding up very well , I average 4 days a week on the ice , just bought a guardian suit for warmer days , but haven’t used it yet,

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Dec 29, 2020, 02:05 PM »
My first set up was the Climate bib and jacket ...went one season with ..very hot for my area and style of fishing ..ended up with the Predator ..bibs and jacket for the following season and its my go to set up..most days no jacket unless windy . Based on last season weather I got a pair of Trekker bibs . So yes I am a Striker Ice fan boy .

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2020, 04:57 PM »
Is this one that you use , I'm looking for first hand experience, one you're going to use this year
Don't know what ya mean by first hand experience but here's mine. I have a strikerice hardwarter suit. Bibs and jacket. When i got it 3 years ago i jumped into the pool with it on and it floated me for 30 to 40 sec. before it started to loose it's boyantcy.  Went through the ice last march and remember taking 4 or 5 swim strokes to the edge to get out. The suit kept me afloat.

Offline got away

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2020, 01:40 PM »
   X2  Striker Guardian... price has come down since I got mine

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2020, 01:47 PM »
Had my striker predator bibs for about 6 years now and love them.  Debated getting the hardware bibs but think they would be way too warm for my area. 

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2020, 02:14 PM »
I’ve had my hard water set for  8 yrs or so. Used about 6 seasons. Never been cold in it even in sub zero temps. Looking to get a new striker suit haven’t decided which model to get. Hard water was a little bulky but I don’t wanna sacrifice warmth. I’m gonna try them on before spending 500$ on a new one.
I never needed the float portion but always felt a little more at ease with it.
Any input on the predator or climate suits compared too the hard water in bulky ness and warmth on ice conditions. Thanks
Perchin
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2020, 02:58 PM »
I’ve had my hard water set for  8 yrs or so. Used about 6 seasons. Never been cold in it even in sub zero temps. Looking to get a new striker suit haven’t decided which model to get. Hard water was a little bulky but I don’t wanna sacrifice warmth. I’m gonna try them on before spending 500$ on a new one.
I never needed the float portion but always felt a little more at ease with it.
Any input on the predator or climate suits compared too the hard water in bulky ness and warmth on ice conditions. Thanks
Perchin

The Climate jacket has a tapered fit so keep that in mind ...and its hot ...rated 10/10 with liner ...4/10 w/liner removed note the liner fit is very "ski wearish" conforming .. The Hardwater is 9/10 and the Predator is 7/10 the Trekker is 6/10..

Offline Soggyice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2020, 04:09 PM »
I have the Striker predator Jacket and bibs And am happy With them, very warm and comfortable, I end up taking the jacket off unless it is very cold out. They do not seem to breath very well but I think that has to do with the flotation. Definitely like the peace of mind with the flotation.

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2020, 06:39 PM »
I have the Rise from Clam. Bought the bibs first then the parka. I live in Central IA and with proper layering they keep me plenty warm. The sizing is true.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.