Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

Looking at jackets

<< < (2/2)

phil2:

--- Quote from: Junkie4Ice on Sep 11, 2020, 09:25 AM ---I believe a good layering system is more important than the jacket you wear. I've worn my Frabill I3 suit in -40 degree windchills hole hopping and it's no secret that they aren't the best jackets. Moisture wicking base layer, long sleeve wool shirt, a hooded sweatshirt and my frabill jacket has always done the trick.

There are ALOT of new suits coming out this season, hard to keep track of them all. Eskimo just released a whole line up of suits.

Side note - do you have the FXR excursion jacket and bibs? I was looking into getting the bibs but if you don't think they can hold up with the cold temps then they won't work for me.

--- End quote ---
i do love it but hate getting it dirty. I wear it to work.

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: phil2 on Sep 11, 2020, 09:16 AM ---Looking for warm jacket. 85% of the time i just wear 2 fleece and a hoodie with my fxr bibs. And i bring a fxr jacket in the sled. I jig and move allot . but want to get a wam jacket for when its 7 deg and winds blowing 20. Or if im out at night chasing walleye. Been looking at stryker.

--- End quote ---

What is the warmth rating or grams of insulation on your current FXR jacket ? This may help determine your desired warmth rating on ice fishing jackets/parka .

UFCreel:
Its new so i would hold off a year or so. But this looks like a winner. http://www.norfin.info/product/discovery-heat/

hardwater diehard:
Found this intresting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version