Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Bluegill

When fishing gets tough for bluegills

<< < (4/5) > >>

PeRcHsLaYeR:
Rat finkies never fail, dark and bright colors.

waterwolfed:
small finkers are beeter bet

Fat Boy:
The other day I was catching agressive suspended gills 10' over 20'.  I'd bring my bait above them and they'd slam it (size 10 fat boy techniglo red tipped with 2 maggots).  Moving from hole to hole, the fishing was slow but when I marked one, I'd catch it.  Then all of a sudden, they all acted the same snubbing my offering like it was poison.  They'd follow it up and watch it then swim off.  I tried scaling down, tried waxies, tried mousees, changed colors, jigging techniques and locations, nothing worked.  Then, I tried a 1/80 oz. chartreuse jighead tipped with a Custom Jigs n Spins chartreuse glow finesse tail and they hammered it as if it was candy.  I caught a dozen more in the next half hour before having to leave.  Lesson learned?  The jighead combo was the right shape, size, action and profile to trigger strikes.  Tiny Rat finkees may have worked too tipped with the tail.

Also, if you are fishing a vertical jig and it doesn't work, try a horizontal one instead and vice versa...

Mr.Fisherman:
Hey nate,
I found also the best place to find bluegills are where theres water still flowing into the lake like some lakes should still have some creeks running in. So, I set up by them and they'll come in to feed so I set up near by and have fun.

fishingking:
been finding the pumpkinseed suspended with the crappie and also the largemouth about half way down in 15 feet of water been real agressive for about 3 weeks now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version