Author Topic: BEST BOOTS FOR ICE FISHING?  (Read 34637 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: BEST BOOTS FOR ICE FISHING?
« Reply #60 on: Nov 07, 2020, 06:54 AM »
I ordered a pair of Cabela's Trans Alaskan pac boots. Received them today but they feel like they are squeezing my feet. My teenage son tried them on and he is ok with how they fit him. I guess he's getting his first and I'll have to order mine next month but larger size. We both wear shoe size 9 1/2. I ordered boots in size 10. I'm going to order them in size 11 next time.

Ordering up a size is always recommended..take out the removable liners and walk around in them for a couple days ..they will conform to your feet. Got this this as a recommendation from Baffin years ago .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #61 on: Nov 29, 2020, 07:55 AM »
Seems like the trans Alaskans don’t come in a bigger size?  I need 15-16.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #62 on: Nov 29, 2020, 08:28 AM »
My street/work shoe is 10.5 US and I got my TAs in size 12 figuring to leave room for a couple pairs of wool (always had freezing feet). Found them to be the warmest thing I've ever put on my feet and never worn more than a sock liner and one pair of wool. Plenty of room for feet, again for the first time ever. Got a mangled left foot that always gets squeezed very uncomfortably in cheaper boots, not so in these. If they made 11.5 I could probably do those but they do not.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Nov 29, 2020, 10:46 AM »
I wear a 13 and have a very narrow foot.  Ordered my TAs in 13 'cause that's the biggest size.  When they came, I panicked because they felt so small.  Called Cabela's to arrange a return and the representative said why not try them because you have 30 days.

Between being able to wear just one nice pair of insulated socks and having them break in a bit, they turned out to be my favorite boots ever and I still have them years later.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Nov 29, 2020, 12:37 PM »
Baffin Control Max have been excellent to me.

On days in the double digits I wear Simms G3 pull on boot.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline JoeLansing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Dec 23, 2020, 04:54 PM »
Just got some a couple days ago!!
Another vote for Baffin Titans.  I've been using a pair for two years.  Now I just wear them like giant slippers with no socks.  I've only used them down to 5 degrees or so, but can just sit with no shanty and my feet are the warmest part of me.
- Joe

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Dec 26, 2020, 12:15 PM »
Baffin Titans---#1 !!
\

Yup---I'll say it again!
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #67 on: Dec 29, 2020, 08:48 AM »
Ive got arctic pros that are about 5 years old or more.  Need replacing, but I’m size challenged wit a size 15 foot!  (Feet actually) doesn’t appear tp be a ton of options out there.  What are us sasquatches to do?

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 27, 2021, 08:25 AM »
Cold feet should be my nickname. Too much boot insulation or too many heavy socks and my feet sweat and socks get wet and then it is all over. I tried the polypro socks which sure do help and my boots are LaCross Ice Kings 1 1/2 size larger. I am fine if I can jump in the boots and onto the ice without much walking and sweating. That never happens so I found a much better solution.

ODABAN! This is a foot antiperspirant that is a bit of a process but it works great for me. Follow the directions and treat your feet and they will stay dry and warm.

https://www.odaban.com/products/antiperspirant-spray/

If your feet get cold because they are wet inside you can waste a ton of money on the warmest boots money can buy and still have frozen feet.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #69 on: Jan 27, 2021, 08:32 AM »
I bought a pair of Kamik's about 8 yrs ago, supposed to be so good. Worst I've ever had for warmth. My feet freeze in 'em, that's with wearing a thick Merino wool sock. IMO, pass on these!!!!! Temp rating -40? NOT!   >:(

https://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Nationplus-M-Mens-Nationplus-Boot/dp/B0078J8BF2
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 27, 2021, 09:01 AM »
worst boot I ever had!!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #71 on: Jan 27, 2021, 09:12 AM »
worst boot I ever had!!

Well, guess I'm not alone!  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #72 on: Jan 27, 2021, 09:18 AM »
Kamiks suck.  Another one for Baffin Titans. Smartwool socks then regular wool.  Have never had cold feet since I got them.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #73 on: Jan 27, 2021, 09:39 AM »
Well after using my kamik hunter boots rated to -40 twice,that rating is bullshat..barely keep feet warm at 25 degrees.but for 35$ if they last longer than the 100$ pair of muck arctic pros that lasted 1 icefishing season im good.i didnt expect the kamiks too be that great for the cheap price.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 27, 2021, 09:39 AM »
the problem with titans is bib legs wont go over them.

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #75 on: Jan 27, 2021, 09:41 AM »
Striker Ice Bibs do

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 27, 2021, 01:04 PM »
 I'll add to the fodder... been wearing mucks ( artic pro) the last 10 years or so, sized like my work boot,poly pro liner Marino wool .. most conditions, no issues, always a little tough to remove at the end of the day, sizing like work boots didn't help I'm sure. last fall, dealt with a case of platarfaciitis, didn't want to be tugging on that boot to get It off, Wife bought me a set of Baffin Snow monsters 1 size up per their recommendations, I must say, lightest, warmest most comfortable boot I have ever worn, I'v only had to fish down to 10 above so far, but they are nice, also a breeze to take off and put on on the side of the road ( I drive almost 2 hours each way to fish).. feet dont sweat in then and the liners can be removed for drying, and are easily reinstalled...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #77 on: Jan 27, 2021, 01:16 PM »
Been running the Baffin Impacts for 3 years now. Will likely move to the Titans as they are fully waterproof. 10" G2 pulls a lot of water above the ice.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 28, 2021, 04:23 PM »
Well, guess I'm not alone!  ;D

Mine were a different---maybe a cheaper model but still not cheap.The seam between the rubber and the cloth wore out quite quickly.

Offline Cowboys#1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 28, 2021, 04:51 PM »
Baffin Titans are by far the best ice fishing investment I have ever made. Warm dry feet in any and all conditions.  My ice runner bibs fit perfectly around the Titans. Nice and snug so you don't get the ice balls on the bottom of your bibs.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #80 on: Jan 28, 2024, 11:10 AM »
I'm in the market for a new pair of ice fishing boots.  I had been using the Baffin Titans.  My right boot starting cracking all over the bottom of the boot, and I patched it with some sort of goo.  The cracks just kept coming, and the boot is now junk.  Weird thing is, the left boot looks like new. 
I'm now looking for the best waterproof boot out there.  I don't care about the price, to a point!  I did see some boots online yesterday for $1800, that's a bit high! 
I do have a pair of Dunlop Purofort's, which are warm and waterproof, but are not warm enough for ice fishing on a bucket. 

Offline chapru

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 28, 2024, 12:18 PM »
I have Striker Ice Boots I picked up for $120. Only wore a pair of regular socks in them and I was warm for the 4 hours I was out (15 degrees with wind up to 30mph).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.